We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked James Manor for Easter weekend?

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton,Ohio
Booked James Manor for Easter weekend?

We are going for a Easter weekend trip to Pigeon forge on Friday the 14th.We are just mostly going to do Dollywood this time.In July we are going to be staying in Gatlinburg where we usually stay.We just wanted a cheaper nice place to stay close to Dollywood since that is our man purpose for this trip.I just wanted some advice.Has anyone ever stayed there?I know the traffic is bad on Fridays going into P.F,What time in the A.M. do you think the traffic will start to become bad?Any advice on the best way in?The hotel says check in is at 2:00 but if the room is open we can check in earlier.We figured if it was not ready we would just go on to dollywood.What do you think?

Kentucky
1. Re: Booked James Manor for Easter weekend?

We have stayed at the James Manor for two years in a row and we have really enjoyed the place. The rooms have always been very tastefully decorated and extremely clean. The staff has been very friendly and the location is great. I have a 6 year old and she absolutely loves the outdoor pool. It is nothing spectacular, but the kiddie pool has a neat mushroom-shaped fountain in the middle. For the price, I haven't found a better deal in Pigeon Forge.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 67
2. Re: Booked James Manor for Easter weekend?

Getting into Pigeon Forge on Fridays is tough; you should definitely be in town before noon. Anytime after 12:00 P.M., you'll be in trouble. Get there as early as you possibly can.

Best way into town depends on what direction you are coming from. Are you coming down I-75, or are you coming down I-81 from Dayton?

IF you can get into town before noon, you can take I-40 to exit 407 and come in via Hwy 66 through Kodak and Sevierville.

If you can't reach this exit until after noon, continue on I-40 East past Newport to exit 440 which is Hwy 321. Follow this hwy south/west into Gatlinburg, then drive down to Pigeon Forge from there. This way is longer, but may save time based on parkway traffic on Friday afternoons.

Dayton,Ohio
3. Re: Booked James Manor for Easter weekend?

mdenning, I agree I could not find a place with cont. breakfast and indoor pool for a better price then they offer.It looks like they get great reviews on here and the staff was really nice on the phone the couple of times I spoke to them.Do you know if they have pool towels?Is there anything within walking distance we should check out?Thanks for letting me know it was clean as I am kinda picky about that.

Kat Thanks for the help.I need to look at my map as I have never heard of hwy 66.

Thanks for any and all commets on this post.

Kentucky
4. Re: Booked James Manor for Easter weekend?

You will need to bring a few beach towels with you. They do not provide them in the pool area and the ones in the bathroom are just not big enough. There is a nice amusement area within walking distance to the hotel. It has go-karts, bumper boats, bungee jumping, kiddie rides and a small arcade. My daughter loves this place! The James Manor is also located right in front of a large outlet mall. It is within walking distance for adults, but I would not recommend it for young children. There are really no good restaurants within walking distance. I do recommend utilizing the complementary breakfast offered in the kitchen beside the lobby. They offer assorted cereals, muffins, juice, milk, coffee, and even biscuits and gravy.

Kingsport, Tennessee
reviews: 5
5. Re: Booked James Manor for Easter weekend?

When you come into Seirville and go accross the bridge turn Left. If you pass the Krystal you went to far. You will go about 3 to 4 miles approx. If you need groceries, stop at the Food City in Seviervill as the Pigeon Forge Food city is crazy busy this time of year. You make a right turn at the Dairy Queen on to Middle Creek Raod, follow the road and you will come out near the Old mill and the shops. I live in Tennessee and I was just in Pigeon Forge this weekend. This is the "back way" to Dollywood. This is a good road and you will be very, very pleased. Have a great weekend.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge