We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg Honeymoon

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mi
Gatlinburg Honeymoon

Hello,

I am spending my honeymoon in gatlinburg we also booked through Sunset Cottages we will be staying a full week. From Oct 3 - 10th We are looking for some relaxing things to do. We do want to visit Dollywood but other than that we are into Fishing, and horseback riding what is the right place to book a horse back riding trip through? Any other info would be great including links for discounts?

Thanks

Thibodaux, LA
1. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

I'm trying to find the same kind of info :)

Personally, Cades Cove is probably the most relaxing thing in the Smokies. You can drive through and pack a picnic lunch to stop and eat. There is a stable right at the entrance and it is a very nice ride. I think it's like $20 a person? If you don't want to ride there is also a carriage available. Be prepared to spend the majority of your day there....there are lots of sights to see. If you go later in the evening, you will probalby see lots of deer, and maybe even a bear or two ;) But be careful they pop out of nowhere since they are not afraid of humans. My husband almost hit one (deer) it just jumped down from a little break in the road and we never saw him coming!!

Mandi

asheville, nc
2. Re: Gatlinburg Honeymoon

Hi, I would probably do a ride through the stables at Cade's Cove. It should be beautiful in the park then. A lot of the stables in the area are really tourist traps. I agree, plan a day for Cade's Cove, pack a picnic, and hike to the John Oliver cabin, and stop at the churches. At the beginning og the drive you can pick up a small tour guide-look for a small stand on your left at the entrance. There are many nice hikes in the park, check at the visitor's center just inside the gatlinburg entrance. There is a nice hike near Metcalf Bottoms that takes you to an old school and homestead. You can access this from the Wear's Valley entrance. Also, the cherokee orchard trail is another great loop drive, with small hikes, and restored historic buildings. Make sure to visit the Park Grill in Gatlinburg, and the Apple \barn in Pigeon Forge has a good restaurant, and nice gift shops. Have a wonderful time!