We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute advice

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st. louis
reviews: 30
Last minute advice

My daughter(34) and I(56) are going to Nashville this weekend to see both of the Weezer concerts.

We are not staying downtown as the hotel prices for the downtown hotels were jacked through the roof because of the Womans NCAA Final Four. So my question is what would be worth doing Sunday afternoon between the concerts, we are staying around music valley. Are there any decent wineries in the vacinity or microbreweries?

Thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Music City, USA
reviews: 61
1. Re: Last minute advice

The microbreweries that I know of don't do Sunday tours. There's a vineyard called Arrington Vineyards south of Nashville. Corsair Distillery is open Sundays and is very close to downtown.

http://www.arringtonvineyards.com/

http://www.corsairartisan.com/

Rockton, Illinois
reviews: 97
2. Re: Last minute advice

IMO, there's not a whole lot to do out that way. There's some so-so places to visit like the Willie Nelson Museum and Cooter's Place and then Opry Mills Mall.

I personally would head downtown and spend the day there until the show starts. The State Museum is open from 1-5pm on Sundays and the Broadway honky tonks start waking up at 11am. If you have a car you could take a drive over to Centennial Park or Bicentennial Mall for a nice stroll.

Not sure about breweries and wineries. I know many of them are closed on Sunday.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 89
3. Re: Last minute advice

Unfortunately all the local breweries will be closed (Yazoo, Jackalope, Fat Bottom to name a few...maybe you can check out Jackalope or Yazoo before the concert Saturday? They're a very close drive to the Ryman.). If you want to stay near the Music Valley area, you should walk around the Opryland Hotel. It's one of the largest hotels in the US outside of Las Vegas and there's plenty to see there. Some good restaurants there as well. It is free to walk around, but there is a charge to park. If you're looking for a more local watering hole, McNamara's Irish Pub on Lebanon Road is a good start. More of a pub feel than a bar. Ellendale's on Donelson Pike has a good Sunday Brunch. Likewise Monell's near the airport has a great southern style family breakfast. All 3 of these are within easy driving distance to Music Valley area.

Personally, I'd look at the Music Valley area as more of a place to stay than explore. It's mostly tourist traps. And while the Opryland Hotel is definitely worth exploring, that's about it. I'd probably spend most of my time downtown in the early afternoon. Downtown on a Sunday morning is kind of a ghost town.

Edited: 3:08 pm, April 03, 2014
Music City, USA
reviews: 61
4. Re: Last minute advice

Anywhere but a church on a Sunday morning is a ghost town.

Edited: 4:13 pm, April 03, 2014
Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
reviews: 2
5. Re: Last minute advice

There are quite a few activities planned around the basketball games, so I don't think Sunday will be completely dead downtown.

Belle Meade Plantation has a winery (and a really good brunch restaurant), and Cheekwood is a nice place on a pretty day. Historic Franklin is nice too, although much of the boutique shopping downtown is closed on Sundays.

Reply to: Last minute advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted