We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Joseph...
Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

Hello All,

Coming to Nashville for the first time to watch our Missouri Tigers play football against Vanderbilt.

Looking for nice hotel, somewhat close to Vandy (but we'll have a car ...... so we'll probably drive to the game for a little tailgate). Would also like to be close to fun entertainment. Is that Music Row ...... or are there other spots we should check out?

Not too worried about price. I was looking at the Hutton Hotel and Loews. Any thoughts on either of these two, or are there any other hotels you think I should look at.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Music City, USA
reviews: 65
1. Re: Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

Music Row is the business side of the country music business. Nothing there but recording studios and copyright lawyers. All closed to the public.

What you're probably thinking of is what's known as lower Broadway, which is Broadway between 1st Ave and about 5th or 6th Ave. That's where the neon and honky tonks are primarily located. Hotels closest to that will be the downtown hotels. Vanderbilt/WestEnd is a good area with some great hotels. The Hutton and the Loews are both good choices and I think both offer car/shuttle service into downtown. If you're truly not worried about price, The Hermitage Hotel is the best in the city.

There are plenty of entertainment options in the downtown area and in some of the restaurants/bars around Vandy, plus more scattered around town. Check the link on the right as the game time gets closer for "What bands will be playing...".

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
reviews: 17
2. Re: Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

Music Row is a business area, with the offices of record labels and the like. The honky-tonk zone that tourists are interested in is downtown, along Broadway between the river and about 5th Ave. All of the downtown hotels are fine.

Vanderbilt is a couple of miles west of downtown. All of the hotels in the Vandy/West End area are fine as well, and there are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area, although it's not as rowdy and country-music-centric.

The Holiday Inn and the Marriott are actually both right next door to the stadium. In fact, some of the rooms overlook the stadium. In that area, though, the Hutton and Loewes are going to be the top hotels

The best hotel in town is downtown, the historic Hermitage Hotel. Another interesting property is the Union Station Hotel.

You just need to decide what you want to be closer to -- campus or the tourist zone.

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
reviews: 17
3. Re: Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

I promise, MonkeyLizard and I are NOT the same person.

*grin*

East Tennessee
reviews: 156
4. Re: Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

The best in Nashville is indeed The Hermitage. The best for Vandy football games is the Marriott with backside rooms overlooking the field. Staying downtown for the strip offers numerous good hotels in which you really can't go wrong.

Recommend that you review if a Titans home game is scheduled that weekend as the downtown hotels will be full of out of town guests for the visiting team.

Saint Joseph...
5. Re: Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

Great answers ........ I really appreciate it.

I think the Marriott at Vanderbilt is already full that weekend, but I will take another look.

Cheapseater ........ Funny you should mention the Titans. Our first team (MU Tigers) play Vandy on Saturday ........ our second team (KC Chiefs) play the Titans on Sunday. Many that are making the trip are making the 'doubleheader'!!

Music City, USA
reviews: 65
6. Re: Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

It's really a matter of deciding do you want to be more conveniently located to the honky tonks, or more conveniently located to Vanderbilt. Neither is very inconvenient to get to the other. West End is a straight shot in/out of downtown.

Welcome to the best conference in the nation. Go 'Dores!

Saint Joseph...
7. Re: Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

monkey ...... Thanks for the welcome. I'm one of those crusty, not yet really old guys that wishes we stayed where we were. Enjoyed meeting Georgia & Vandy fans in Columbia last year. MEMO to the SEC ......... that's NOT Columbia, South Carolina. Learned quickly that we all hate Bama ........ I'm good with that.

As for hotel choice ...... my gut tells me to stay close to the honkey tonks. My wife is telling me to stay at The Hutton ...... guess who won?

East Tennessee
reviews: 156
8. Re: Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

Perhaps staying could have worked out but it sure appeared that Okie and the Little t were going to dump you as soon as a better offer came along. Now A&M is on track to be THE University in Texas and I suspect that you all in Missouri will be much better off financially and lets face it, if Kansas is your rival, what does that really say? Sorta like Vandy thinks that the BIG T is their rival. It is not and never has been. You all will move long past Kansas...

You will learn quickly that we may not like each other on game day, but we go each other's back when playing outside the conference. You will also find some great game towns in the SEC.

By the way, you guys have a great Wrestling program that I have enjoyed watching compete for several years since they earned being a top 10 program pretty much every year.

The Hutton will serve you well as it is easier to get a parking space at Vandy than for the Titians stadium. It is about a little less than a mile walk for you to the Titans field-just follow the crowd. Plus you will enjoy staying downtown if you like the tourist music and the many choices of dining downtown.

Welcome to Tennessee! The Big T is down but coming back!

9. Re: Vanderbilt Football ........ Hotel Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2014