We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

Which Sunny Isles Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 17
Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

We have rented a 2-bedroom condo from a private owner at the Doubletree. Condo number is 1003. Has anyone been renting this apartment? Or rented from Prestige Rentals? I am a bit worried about the Trip advisor reviews on this Hlton Hotel. Is it a good choice? Will be there at the end of March.

Than k you.

13 replies to this topic
Staten Island, New...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

I read some of those reviews - seems like a hit and miss depending upon the unit they assign you - I don't know what your options are as you have already booked and probably paid at the least a large deposit.

------------------------------------

If problems develop you should inform management and hope they address the issues.

Sunny Isles Beach,FL
reviews: 7
2. Re: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

Doubletree Ocean Point is a wonderful hotel. My family stays there over Christmas holidays for the past five years and they always enjoy it. As for the reviews, you have to sort them out and see which issues would apply to you. For instance, I always disregard reviews written by a reviewer that only has one post or review. Those could be written by competition like the last one from New York. I have couple issues with that review, one they mention construction, yes, there is construction on the northern side of the building, but there is a park that separates the buildings, and here in Sunny Isles Beach all construction stops at 3.00 pm so to hear the reviewer say that at 6:00 they heard construction makes me suspicious. They complain about pictures not being to their liking. Realy? The air condition rattling? It has central air and the building is only 10 years old.

Ocean Point is a very good value based on the location and size of their rooms. One thing everyone must realize is that Miami is very expensive and adjust their expectations. If you pay for three star hotel you will get three star hotel, if you want Five star you will pay $2,000 for two bedroom suite down the street at Acqualina.

The unit you are referring to is on the south side of the building, it is not direct ocean front but it has ocean view. Being 1003 puts it on the 5 floor,(first floor is 6) and you may have some driveway noise if you are on the balcony. The owner should provide you with pictures so you are more comfortable with their unit.

Since you are renting from a private owner hotel service issues should not be a concern.

Montreal, Canada
3. Re: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

I am really comforted by your message and I thank you. Was a bit worried about the hotel after reading some of the reviews. The construction on the north side was also a worry but you reassured me. As for the unit, I had already seen some pictures so I knew that unit 1003 was not oceanfront and this is no problem to me.

Was in Sunny Isles twice over the last two years and I just love it. I have never rented a condo from a private owner, hope I chose the right one, but I relied on the Hilton name when I rented.

Thank you again for your input.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 93
4. Re: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

I too have had friends who stayed in the Hotel - they were fine with it - they liked the rooms and had no complaints . I am sure that they will be well serviced and it's in a nice location. Enjoy your trip and let us know how you found sunny Isles.

Montreal
reviews: 1
5. Re: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

I'm sitting in the lobby after being here for 2 days. Great staff, nice beach, yes some things are worn like closet doors and kitchen handles but who cares...my only negative is $27 parking, but I really like this place and the two bedroom is HUGE.

Nottingham, United...
6. Re: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

That's fantastic to hear - I thought you would like it, the negative reports are pretty picky - enjoy Florida's riviera. Let me know if you try the Montreal grill / blue room in the Thunderbird hotel and what you think of it.

New York City, New...
7. Re: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

Im looking for a 2 bedroom condo in Sunny Isles. Can anyone recomend a owner who is looking to rent a unit. I arrive March 22nd and would like to stay for 13 nights. Any help would be appriciated. My email address is elisakkal@gmail.com

Kind Regards,

Eli Sakkal

Montreal, Canada
8. Re: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

We are currently at the Doubletree Ocean and we are very satisfied. We found this 2 bedroom condo on VRBO and rented from Prestige Rentals. We dont know the name of the owner but you can find out more information on the VRBO or Home Away from Home sites.

Montreal, Canada
9. Re: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

We are back from Sunny Isles and really enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree Oceanpoint. The staff is wonderful and this hotel well managed. We did not however appreciate the condo (1003) that we rented from Prestige Vacation Rental as there were some problems (verticals not closing, broken furnitures) but it was clean and confortable and this did not prevent us from enjoying our vacation in beautiful Sunny Isles.

We are looking forward to going back to Doubletree and Sunny Isles .....but in another condo.

Thank you all for your comments.

Nottingham, United...
10. Re: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles

Really pleased - what did you think of Sunny Isles?

Reply to: Doubletree Ocean by Hilton in Sunny Isles
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted