We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery shopping

Which Sunny Isles Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
grocery shopping

Quick question, upon my arrival , which will be on a sunday, where is best to go to stock up my condo rental, i.e. walgreens? publix? anywhere else.. any advice would be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

p.s. I don't drive. so will rely on taxi/public transit

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 98
11. Re: grocery shopping

Well the music was all in French so I had no idea what they were singing about last time I was over at Christmas, as was the menu and wait staff but hey ho - It was fun - found plenty of Locals to chat to!

Toronto, Canada
12. Re: grocery shopping

it does sound fun!

so you'll be there at xmas again? me second week of january till end of february.. hope the weather cooperates, but then again anything is better than Canadian winters (lol)

Miami
reviews: 1
13. Re: grocery shopping

Here are my suggestions. There is a Freshmarket, and Wholefoods store not far from Sunny Isles. You may check them out especially Freshmarket.

There is a Publix in Sunny Isles which is the closest one.

----------------------------------------

http://miamirealestateinc.com

Newport Beach...
reviews: 130
14. Re: grocery shopping

South of the Acqualina, just a couple of blocks past Walgreens there is an Epicurean Market. They have great prepared meals, and other gourmet items as well. An olive bar, lots of really great looking stuff. They also have a cafe with delightful items. A little further down in the Miami Market in a strip mall on the same side of the street. Publix is in the opposite direction and obviously has all the basics.

Toronto, Canada
15. Re: grocery shopping

Thanks for the info.. gets me hungry reading about these places (lol)

Yeah I know public when my parents used to go to miami yearly, and they are great for basics

But when I first arrive, sounds like I should the person who picks me at airport to make a quick stop in one of these places for first day/night provisions

thanks again

karen in canada

Nottingham, United...
16. Re: grocery shopping

The Miami market is I think the Milam's Market I referred too in my original post, Epicure is a great place - it's a gourmet / delicatessen / restaurant / coffee shop - very nice food - A must stop and browse in your time there- but not a place for the basics! Publix will hit the spot for that :-)

NYC
17. Re: grocery shopping

There is a Walgreens on the corner of 174 St & Collins Ave that is open 24 hours, and carries most of what you might want/need your first night/morning. They sell milk, coffee, juices, some fresh fruits, cereals, bread, yogurt, eggs, etc. Not a substitute for real food shopping at Publix, Milams, or Epicure, but a great option is to just walk over there the first evening & pick up a few things. That'll also give you a chance to stretch your legs after the plane trip, and also to see a bit of what is around in terms of restaurants, etc. It's perfectly safe to walk in the area at night, especially on Collins Ave. You'll appreciate the change of climate as well....

Enjoy Sunny Isles Beach!

Nottingham, United...
18. Re: grocery shopping

Yes - very true - the same can be said for the 24 Hour CVS too.... Can't wait 2 weeks to day I will be there :-)

Miami, Florida
reviews: 42
19. Re: grocery shopping

When you get a chance, take a cab to Fresh Market in Aventura. Fresh food, good choices, some items are expensive and yet they have very good deals on almost anything: fish, meat, vegetables. Also, you can try matreshka - the russian deli store on Collins Avenue. Another choice is Epiqure - pricey, yet very nice to have lunch outdoors.

20. Re: grocery shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 21, 2014