We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny Isles - DoubleTree Oceanpoint or Le Meridian

Which Sunny Isles Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Sunny Isles - DoubleTree Oceanpoint or Le Meridian

We will be in Sunny Isles between May 2 to May 10, 6 adults & 3 kids (4, 2 and 6 mths old). We need two 2-bedroom units and are debating between the DoubleTree Oceanpoint or Le Meridian. Prices are the same at $250 per night per unit. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay. Looking for clean hotel that has a good pool and beach.

Thanks

PL

Sunny Isles Beach,FL
reviews: 7
1. Re: Sunny Isles - DoubleTree Oceanpoint or Le Meridian

I would verify the price for the two bedroom at Le Meridian, especially if it is a two bedroom. What the le Meridian considers two bedroom is a pull out sofa in the living room and a bed in the other room. You can also attach a studio to the other room but that is an extra charge. The studio is extremely small, no room to even get around the bed, so for that many adults I don't think you will have enough room. The pool is very,very small at the Le Meridian, it is actually the smallest out of all the hotels in Sunny Isles Beach. The hotel is located on the northen part of town, and is somewhat isolated from shopping and restaurant.

Ocean Point's two bedroom suites are all ocean front with huge rooms and private balconies. The location is much more convient to restaurant and shopping.

Toronto
2. Re: Sunny Isles - DoubleTree Oceanpoint or Le Meridian

Thanks for your input Sim.

Based on your conmments we will go to the OceanPointe.

Is is a clean hotel and in good condition?

Sunny Isles Beach,FL
reviews: 7
3. Re: Sunny Isles - DoubleTree Oceanpoint or Le Meridian

PLTO,

The building was build in 2000, so it is seven years old, it isn't brand new, but it is clean. The carpets in the rooms are dark color and the sofas are blue, not my color of choice, but they are clean. The hallway carpets which are light in color had a stain last time I saw them, but hopefully they will clean them. The kitchen was spotless and the beds have pillow top mattrasses, very comfortable, and nice bed linnen.

The lobby and the restaurant which has a terrace both overlook the ocean.

4. Re: Sunny Isles - DoubleTree Oceanpoint or Le Meridian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Isles Beach