We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing in Area

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Rincon de Guayabitos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Purchasing in Area

I just returned from Guayabitos this morning, my wife and I loved our stay here and have talk alot about purchasing land or a home in this area. I was wonding if anyone had any information to help or out or connections to some places for sale. Everyone we talked to knew someone selling, but many others told us you can purchase land if you are not Mexican.

Please help us out. We are not picky with where the property is, we would like closer to the ocean but a nice country side villa overlooking the jungle would do use fine.

Mike

La Penita de...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Purchasing in Area

Hola ,

Here is a link that may be helpful.

http://www.kensrealestate.com/

Canada
2. Re: Purchasing in Area

I have seen his website, but his prices seem alot higher then the people that I talk to when i was there. Maybe their deals were to good to be true.

If any of the locals know a gentlemen that goes by Ricardo, he is an american who came to Mexico in 1968 and is was a great friend to me when I was down and would be interested in getting ahold of him. He sells jewellry in the market and at Los COcos.

Thanks for any help

Mike

La Penita de...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Purchasing in Area

Hola,

Yes, there are a lot of people around who appear to have land for sale but my advice to y ou would be to be very careful about buying anything in this area without first having lived here for a while.

As a foreigner you cannot own propety that is within fifty miles from the coast. You need to have a bank trust that holds the deed to the property.It will be in the name of a Mexican or the bank, not yours.

I have lived here for three years and I rent a house for far less that what I would pay to own. There are many things to consider if you are planning to do this.Vacant foreign owned homes are prone to break ins, even in the zona residential area. Before you purchase anything be sure to have a GOOD notario work with you to be sure things are valid. I have seen instances of people offering land for sale with the documents, only they don't own the land .

If you are planning on living here, learn the language. It can be a serious advantage.

If you have further questions, please ask.

Senormex

Canada
4. Re: Purchasing in Area

Thank you so much for the information..That is good advice. We would only be purchasing land at this point not a residence and I was aware of the deed process but have spoken to a few lawyers that say there are many ways the Mexican govt has open it regulations over the past few years. I agree with you that the prices are very reasonable there however, my fear is that others are going to realize the beauty of this region and it will be taken over my larger hotel firms and the cost is going to sky rocket, and if it does I sell and if it doesn't I have my peice of paradise.

Regards

Mike

Mazatlan, Mexico
5. Re: Purchasing in Area

mleier...can I contact you off the forum? May have some info that will help you.

Canada
6. Re: Purchasing in Area

Sure, tasfun@hotmail.com

Regards

Mike

7. Re: Purchasing in Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos
Recent Conversations