We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Guayabitos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Rincon de Guayabitos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
First time to Guayabitos

We are planning a 2 week stay in Guayabitos during the Christmas holidays! We are so excited as this will be our 3 kids' (ages 5,7 and 11) first trip outside the Country. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do/where to eat/ swim/shop/where to stay/what to see? Any safety concerns to consider? I love the input about the hike- we will definitely check that out!

Thanks......

Medicine Hat, Canada
reviews: 55
1. Re: First time to Guayabitos

we will see you there amber.. we go 2 weeks at christmas too :) if you msg me I can send you all the info I have collected so far for our stay or email you a bit of a list I have made from reading this and other things...our kdis a bit omlder so may not all apply but still much to do for sure..safety from what i have gathered is common sense lock your doors when you arent around and dont flash cash ..we are having supper at a restaurant that is open xmas day and can msg you the name but we arrive late 24th so a meal out that day will be good

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
reviews: 80
2. Re: First time to Guayabitos

You are approx. One hour north of the Airport.. a Mexican fishing village.

Xmas the town will be Packed with the families enjoying their Holidays.

If you don't have a place booked, Good Luck finding a place.

We really enjoyed the Local Feel , and the Market on Thurs. in New town(you can walk the beach there).

Safe swimming for kids, but still be aware of where to swim for Kids.

USA
3. Re: First time to Guayabitos

Thanks Bill555 and JoLee! Yes, we are indeed finding that obtaining accomodations this late in the game is quite a challenge. If anyone has suggestions for lodging please let us know. There are 7 in our group. The supper place sounds great (and low maintenance which I like!) I will be in touch Bill555 as I would love to learn more about the things you have researched, etc. We will be there about a week before you so I can scope things out as well :)

Thanks again everyone!

4. Re: First time to Guayabitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, October 10, 2011
Rincon de...
5. Re: First time to Guayabitos

Amber,

Guayabitos is about as safe and family-oriented as it gets. The water is calm and perfect for kids and water sports. The beach is filled with vendors selling fresh fruit, pineapple drinks, and fish & shrimp on a stick. The town is active, especially during Christmas and Easter break, as Guayabitos is a very popular holiday destination for Mexican families.

If you stay in the Hotel Zone, there are plenty of restaurants, grocery stores and shops within walking distance. You will find plenty to do. You won't want to miss the Tianguis (open-air market) in La Penita on Thursdays. In December, the Tianuis in Guayabitos (on Mondays) should be going strong as well. It's a fun morning activity for all.

You'll love it here! You might even fall in love with the chicken up the road!

Edited: 11:44 am, October 10, 2011
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 32
6. Re: First time to Guayabitos

We were there last xmas, we stayed at the Decameron de Los Cocos.

It was good, but VERY CROWDED.....I have never seen a beach more packed with people! It was very interesting and fun but after a few days it was also overwhelming.

My tip is, if you feel like you want to escape the crowds for a day, hire a taxi driver to take you to San Pancho for the day....the beach was almost empty there, so peaceful! There are a couple of restaurants to hang at, horses to ride, and it's just nice to be able to relax and chill there after the hustle and bustle of Guayabitos.

Rincon de...
7. Re: First time to Guayabitos

No doubt about it. Christmas and Easter are "the" busiest times of year in the Jaltemba Bay area, and especially Guayabitos. Tons of Mexican families come to vacation here from inland. It's tradition.

San Pancho is a good suggestion for a quiet daytrip. There are several other neighboring towns and beaches as well... Sayulita would be a great daytrip with its bohemian feel. There is a jungle boat ride near San Blas. You can hike through the petroglyphs at Alta Vista. Or you can just stay put and enjoy this amazing place like everyone else will be doing. Besides, I'm sure your kids won't mind playing side by side with all the other kids on the beach... while you and your husband sit back, relax and soak it all in.

kelowna
reviews: 1
8. Re: First time to Guayabitos

It was definitely a rooster as I was awakened by him every morning!! But yes I do miss him and his Rinconian charm:)

Rincon de...
9. Re: First time to Guayabitos

Too bad there isn't a "Like" button!

Edited: 3:07 pm, October 10, 2011
10. Re: First time to Guayabitos

We went there last year with friends and had a wonderful time. We stayed at the decameron all inclusive, great place, good food and very clean. Great places on the beach and in town to eat. Also noticed a kids club at the Decameron

. We booked thru hotels.com and they were great when nobody else had flights and acc. Cocos 1 is the nicest cocos 4 is across the street and too far from the beach. You are safe there and walking downtown is a breeze. We walked alot to la penita, fun. We are staying at Los Ayala this year, it is a 15 min wLk from there, smaller but nice. Have a great holiday

Edited: 11:51 am, October 11, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos