We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

I am headed down with 4 and 6 year old girls for a week. Looking for ideas on things to do. Primary plan is to relax and enjoy the pool/beach around Costa Azul, but we will probably want to take a couple days to do something else. Currently planning on a "jungle cruise" and maybe surf lessons for me (dad).

Is a "jungle cruise" worth it for kids? Any kid friendly hikes? Maybe the petroglyphs? Any other cool things in or around San Pancho for kids? Should I use Costa Azul to set up a surf lesson?

Any insights are really appreciated.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 18
1. Re: Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

I haven't heard of a "jungle cruise" unless you mean the boats up in San Blas which cruise through a mangrove forest to see birds and crocs...that would be a fun trip for your family. I don't think the petraglyphs would be ideal...the terrain is very large rocks and the kids might have a hard time with it. There is horseback riding in the jungle (through the Costa Azul) and you could take a fishing boat (again not sure about the little ones.) A day trip to the beach at Chacala might be fun...the beach there is very gentle comparatively. Also you might take a trip to the beach at Distilladeros (on the road between Punta Mita and Cruz de la Huanacaxtle for a huge and gentle beach. I'll keep thinking...

San Pancho, Mexico
reviews: 3
2. Re: Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

I'd think about a day at Sea Life Park in Nuevo Vallarta with the kids. There are water slides of every size for every age, a lazy river where you can tour the grounds with the kids on an oversized inner tube, a kiddie area where they can play safely as the adults sit under umbrellas nearby and a parrot and dolphin show. Just google them.

Also, how about checking out Vallarta adventures. They have a dolphin encounter tour where children can get up close and personal with the animals.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
3. Re: Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

Make sure you find "Turtle Frank" because he releases baby turtles almost every night this time of year and "helps" them to find the ocean...a very cool and educational experience...and right on San Pancho beach

Colorado
4. Re: Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

Thanks for the idea, we will check out the Sea Life Park.

Colorado
5. Re: Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

Thank you for the suggestion. We will check out Sea Life Park.

Colorado
6. Re: Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

We did that last year on a beach on the yucatan peninsula and had a great time. Any suggestions on how to find turtle frank?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
7. Re: Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

He's in the yellow house on Latina America just before Calle Asia and the Las Olas development. Where are you staying?

Colorado
8. Re: Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

We will be at Costa Azul.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
9. Re: Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

Sometimes Turtle Frank does a presentation there, they will probably be able to help you find out about where and when he's doing releases.

Texas
reviews: 5
10. Re: Itinerary ideas for a Family trip over Thanksgiving

I'm also traveling to San Pancho with my wife and two young daughters (10 & 12) in March, Please let me know how your trip was. Any suggestions for the family? I'm planning to surf as well. Where did you get your lesson? how was it? Thanks, Troy

Get answers to your questions about San Francisco