We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'I'm getting warmer' - What do you think?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington
reviews: 1
'I'm getting warmer' - What do you think?

In my brief search, I think I've narrowed down our choices to the following, and I'd love to get your feedback on our choices.

Villa Roca

Wow! This has to be one of the nicest places I've seen. I'd have to find two more couples to help share the cost, but it looks as though there would be plenty of 'elbow room'. Could we walk to town from there? And would we even want to leave (I doubt it).

Casa Puesta del Sol

I like this place very much, and it seems to 'fit' us. Even if we couldn't find another couple to share the cost, we could still do this.

Song of the Sea (Casa Canto Del Mar)

Is this place too 'modern' in style? Does it have a Mexican 'feel'? We might be able to find another couple to help share the cost, because it would not be within our budget if we stayed here by ourselves.

Casa de Suenos

Hmmm.... Nice and affordable, but I could sure use your feedback.

We've spent numerous X-Mas' in Melaque. Love the more Mexican feel - rather than a tourist trap sort of feel. How will San Pancho compare? We've also stayed in Bucerias and we visited Sayulita - I wouldn't want to go back to either.

How 'safe' is San Pancho? On our last stay in Melaque, there was a break in across the street (while our friends were sleeping) and aa shooting nearby. We're heading back there again this X-Mas, but we're not staying in a private rental. We're staying in a fairly secure B&B.

My brother thinks we're absolutely crazy to continue vacationing in Mexico. He works for Sanyo in Tijuana, so he only see's the 'ugly' part. However, he does have some whopping stories that could scare away even the most Mexican traveled type of people.

So we're looking to travel to San Panch around the latter part of March to the first part of April. I know this is the busy time, but if we chose our rentals carefully, then I'm thinking we should still be able to have a wonderful and relaxing time.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Caroline

San Pancho, Mexico
reviews: 3
1. Re: 'I'm getting warmer' - What do you think?

My vote would to Canto -- its owned by a lovely Mexican couple - she's actually and interior designer. Its done with the utmost in taste and very well maintained. Killer view and lovely. The other two have great views too, I've never been in the first one. Ensuenos is a modest little home but very cute. All 3 will warrant a rental car unless you are descended from goats and like the uphill walk.

Barbara

rincon de...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
reviews: 3
2. Re: 'I'm getting warmer' - What do you think?

Sounds like you will be there during Samana Santa, reserve soon...

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 12
3. Re: 'I'm getting warmer' - What do you think?

I would also vote for Canto del Mar...it is gorgeous, one of the nicest views available in town. It is somewhat modern in design, but absolutely very special. I don't know the first house unless you mean Casa Roja, which is a very large house right on the water? It's very nice too. Puesta delSol is also very nice, is right next to Canto del Mar, but not as nice as Canto.

SanPancho is a very safe place...no drug violence. It is similar to Melaque in that it is a "small ishing village" although it is smaller. It maybe has more beautiful homes and Americans than Melaque, and there are some very excellent choices for restaurants. It hasn't lost it's small town charm though...it's much quieter than either Sayulita or Bucerias...I think you will like it very much.

Washington
4. Re: 'I'm getting warmer' - What do you think?

Thank you everybody for helping narrow down the choices. Would we need a car at Casa Canto Del Mar?

Thanks again

Washington
5. Re: 'I'm getting warmer' - What do you think?

By the way, I emailed Casa Canto several days ago (through vrbo.com). Does anybody have an email for them?

Thanks again

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 12
6. Re: 'I'm getting warmer' - What do you think?

The email address I can find is:

CasaCantoDelMar@yahoo.com

The house is on a big hill, so it depends on your physical condition (re the car) You could eat right at the bottom of that hill at a wonderful restaurant called Mar Plata if you don't want to walk into town...it's 1/2 mile, it's dark and cobblestoned, so at the least you'll need flashlights. We normally tell our guests at Casa Obelisco they would be more comfortable with a car, but many go without and enjoy the walking.

7. Re: 'I'm getting warmer' - What do you think?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about San Francisco