We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concert at Mud Island Amphitheater

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 8
Concert at Mud Island Amphitheater

My friends and I are headed to Memphis in October for a concert at the Mud Island Amphitheater. I haven't been to Memphis in years and my "city geography" is a little rusty!

So...I have two questions....

1. Can someone describe the general vicinity of the amphitheater...isn't it near the Pyramid?

2. Can someone suggest a decent/affordable hotel in that general area. Doesn't have to be walking distance...but I'd like to stay in the area instead of having to drive in, say, from the Graceland area.

Thanks!

Memphis
reviews: 80
1. Re: Concert at Mud Island Amphitheater

Any hotel 'in the area' would be downtown and thus within walking distance. The Comfort Inn is right across the street and is probably one of the cheapest downtown. There is a Best Western on Union, but it's had mixed reviews on here. Also the Holiday Inns, Marriott, Wyndham, etc.

The amphitheater is across the waterway, you can take the monorail or walk across the track on top of the monorail. It's basically at Front and....Poplar? Washington? Maybe 5 blocks south of the Pyramid.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 8
2. Re: Concert at Mud Island Amphitheater

Thanks Pearl...appreciate it! I checked out the Sleep Inn, which might be the Comfort Inn you were talking about, and it sounds like it'll fit the bill!

Thanks!

Memphis
reviews: 80
3. Re: Concert at Mud Island Amphitheater

I believe the Sleep Inn is on Main St, on the trolley line, and the Comfort Inn is the taller building right on Front. Either way, they are basically right next to one another. I think the Sleep Inn would be better, it seems to be newer if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Memphis
reviews: 1
4. Re: Concert at Mud Island Amphitheater

The Comfort Inn is directly across the street from Mud Island. Also, you can pretty much bet on taking the trolley from any hotel in the downtown area to Mud Island.

5. Re: Concert at Mud Island Amphitheater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 22, 2009