We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with private dining - Cordova/East Memphis/GTown

Which Memphis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 15
Restaurants with private dining - Cordova/East Memphis/GTown

I haven't lived in Memphis for over 10 years, I know the dining scene has changed. I'm planning a 90th birthday dinner for my dad and am looking for ideas for any restaurants that have a private room for about 20 people in the Cordova, East Memphis or Germantown areas. I've been in touch with Jim's Place (my parents favorite restaurant when they were on Shelby Oaks), and they will work in a pinch but I know there have to be more options. The party is not until July, I have a little time, but I thought the locals would have a lot more ideas than a former local.

I'm looking primarily at the eastern part of the City because almost everyone attending is from out of town and we will be staying in Germantown - although we may look downtown or midtown if the restaurant works out.

We're doing a larger reunion with Corky's ffor a larger group one night as well, so BBQ is out for this event. Any other food is OK.

Any suggestions from the locals - I would appreciate your help!

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
reviews: 159
1. Re: Restaurants with private dining - Cordova/East Memphis/GTown

I have a few suggestions and hopefully others will chime in with additional ideas. Salsa at Poplar and Shady Grove has a balcony area that they use for private parties and I think its big enough for your group. Pete and Sams does some kind of arrangements for groups, but I'm not sure if its a private room. Las Delicias on Quince has a couple of private rooms and they are super accommodating. I've been told Sharky's on Poplar has a party room, but I don't have first hand experience with that. El Porton in Germantown has a party room.

A couple of years ago I planned a party for my husband at a restaurant on a Friday evening. The problem I encountered was that some places I contacted either wouldn't accommodate us on a Friday or they wanted to set a very high minimum spent because they have such high turnover on Fridays in their restaurants.

Memphis, Tennessee
reviews: 64
2. Re: Restaurants with private dining - Cordova/East Memphis/GTown

I didn't like Jim's Place so much when I visited a couple years ago. Overrated. Salsa is good though. I didn't know that they had private rooms.

3. Re: Restaurants with private dining - Cordova/East Memphis/GTown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 25, 2014