We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Loch Lomond/Trossachs - things to do

Which Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Driving in Loch Lomond/Trossachs - things to do

We will rent a car for a day from Edinburgh – very keen on driving around Loch Lomond/Trossachs to see the scenery, countryside villages, sheep, loch & hills. I would appreciate if you could help me with -

1. Which place to rent the car in Edinburg – airport?. We will be staying in Edinburgh Park (The Gyle).

2. Where to get the boat trips on Loch Lomond or Loch Katrine? How long is the boat trip?

3. Any suggestion on places to visit around Loch Lomond/Trossachs? Short stay for 1-2 hrs before driving again?

I don’t mind driving the whole day, I am sure the traffic would be better than driving on M25 in London.

Thanks you.

london
1. Re: Driving in Loch Lomond/Trossachs - things to do

We will be traveling on Monday, 10 June. Hope the weather stays good.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 44
2. Re: Driving in Loch Lomond/Trossachs - things to do

Yes, the airport is good from the point of view that it is easy to get out onto the motorway to Glasgow or Trossachs.

Have you loooked at the website for the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park for ideas, routes, etc?

Both lochs will be good for boat trips.

london
3. Re: Driving in Loch Lomond/Trossachs - things to do

thanks peterscot. Could you suggest the where on the Loch can I get the boat? are there an designated places?

Edinburgh...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 74
4. Re: Driving in Loch Lomond/Trossachs - things to do

ALso google for Rabbies ot Timberbush to spot the routes they use. That will give you the idea, as will:

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/usmapindexes/west… for things to do

The usual place to get the boat is here http://goo.gl/maps/wudks . It then takes you on a tour and back or lands at the other end of the loch. This is better than the Loch Lomond boat (personal opinion)

http://www.lochkatrine.com/

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 44
5. Re: Driving in Loch Lomond/Trossachs - things to do

Doesn't the Park's site tell you about the boat?

Last time I was on the loch, I got a boat from Cameron House. But I suspect regular services probably advertise. Have you tried Googling?

If you can't find any information, try Balloch. The park HQ is there.

Edited: 8:40 pm, June 07, 2013
6. Re: Driving in Loch Lomond/Trossachs - things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Loch Lomond and The...