We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Invercauld Arms Hotel

Which Braemar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
N.Yorks
reviews: 11
Invercauld Arms Hotel

A party of us are due to go to stay over New Year to the Invercauld Arms hotel and I am very alarmed at recent reviews. I have e mailed Shearings but they have not replied. The cost is £525 a couple for 3 nights so not particularly cheap. Has anyone got any advice or should I just cancel?

Grantown-on-Spey...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
reviews: 108
1. Re: Invercauld Arms Hotel

Is this reviews on TA?

Woody x

N.Yorks
2. Re: Invercauld Arms Hotel

Yes there are several poor reviews and in particular one from Malcom Craik which summarises all the concerns.

Crathie
3. Re: Invercauld Arms Hotel

This hotel is about eight miles from where I live and is one of two Victorian coaching hotels in Braemar, the other being the Fife Arms. I have not been in either establishment for several years and cannot agree or disagree with the reviews.

Given the cost involved and based on what others have to say, it might be prudent to change your plans and choose another establishment. If you wish to stay on Royal Deeside, then I would head towards Ballater, which is somewhat larger and has more hotels no doubt offering Christmas and New Year packages. http://www.visitballater.com/

Have you heard from Shearings yet?

Grantown-on-Spey...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
reviews: 108
4. Re: Invercauld Arms Hotel

Normally I would advise you to take bad reviews with a pinch of salt but as the person you mention says he is a regular visitor, he sounds an intelligent chap and his complaints are detailed and not just picky silly things, I would take Sownacks advice and change hotels. I hope it doesn't cost you too much to do so as they usually hold on to a booking deposit for Christmas and new year deals. I know the hotel from passing through Braemar on a regular basis but have never been in.

The Grant Arms Hotel in Grantown on Spey also does a similar package but it is more expensive so probably would not suit your budget but it is very popular for New Year and I can recommend the high standards of both rooms and food. (I don't work there nor do I have any connection with it)

www.grantarmshotel.com

Ballater is a lovely town and certainly has plenty of hotels. Perhaps Sownack can recommend one of a good standard and price which may suit?

Good luck

Woody x

N.Yorks
5. Re: Invercauld Arms Hotel

No reply from Shearings yet and if I don't hear soon I will try again.

Thanks for all the advice. I think we will wait a while before making a decision and see if the concerns are noted and acted upon by Shearings.

6. Re: Invercauld Arms Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 31, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Braemar
More Braemar Topics