We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Pierre White Restuarant

Which St. Helier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Telford
reviews: 39
Marco Pierre White Restuarant

Is the new Marco Pierre White restuarant La Maree now open in the Waterfront (Castle Quay) complex??

We are visiting again next weekend (14th - 16th jan) for my wifes wedding and if it is open would like to try it

Any info would be most welcome

Thanks Dave

London, United...
reviews: 101
1. Re: Marco Pierre White Restuarant

I am sorry -did you say you are going for " my wifes wedding " ???

most confused

Telford
reviews: 39
2. Re: Marco Pierre White Restuarant

Ha Ha Ha

How stupid of me

I meant my Wifes Birthday, we have infact been married for 26 years, so no getting rid of her!

Anyway, do you know if the restuarant is now open

Thanks

Jersey, United...
Destination Expert
for Jersey
reviews: 6
3. Re: Marco Pierre White Restuarant

Hi, Dave.

Sorry, can't say for certain as I'm not in Jersey at the mo, but I don't think it's open yet.

It was originally stated that it'd be opening in Oct/Nov, then 'Winter'. Not sure what the current state of play is, as I haven't seen anything in the news about it and there's nothing on Marco's own site.

You could possibly email Marco's website for info? http://www.marcopierrewhite.org/

Edited: 4:28 pm, January 04, 2011
Jersey, United...
reviews: 27
4. Re: Marco Pierre White Restuarant

As far as I am aware the restaurant isn't open but I stand to be corrected. The Castle Quay development may have had some delay, I know there has been an issue with the apartments. A lot of people bought in 2007 (buy to let) and have come unravelled as the banks are no longer lending.

Not sure if this has affected the development though :-)

Jersey Channel Isles
reviews: 5
5. Re: Marco Pierre White Restuarant

The proposed MPW restaurant is noe scheduled to go in Block B which will not be complete until end this year 2011. The original site where MPW was scheduled is a proposed Shaun Rankin offering.

Hope this helps.

Jersey, United...
6. Re: Marco Pierre White Restuarant

Hi

The whole new Castle Key complex is runing a long time behind schedule. There are strong rumours that Marco Pierre White has pulled out of Jersey - all his branding has been removed and there is no mention of him anywhere - he has also taken off any mention of jersey from his website.

So at the moment the only offerings on the waterfront are a KFC, Pizza Hut and a couple of cafe's - hardly Monte Carlo!

I would recommend Tassilli at Grand Jersey or Ocean at the Atlantic Hotel (St Ouens Bay) as the nearest to Marco's style.

There are a lot of other great restaurants to choose from in Jersey so have a look at previous forums for some good choice - it alwasy sparks a good debate.

Enjoy your stay!

7. Re: Marco Pierre White Restuarant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 07, 2011
Get answers to your questions about St. Helier