We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleveland for kids

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PuertoRico
reviews: 2
Cleveland for kids

Hi, I will be visiting my sister who moved to Cleveland 2 years ago. This is my 3rd visit but this time, my grandaughters (8 & 5) will be traveling with me. We will stay for 10 days and want to know of things to do for a granny, or two, and 2 young kids. I know the rafting is not for me, hahaha, but some other activities they might enjoy. Ohh, my dates, the first 2 weeks in July. Thank you sooo very much.

Boston...
reviews: 48
1. Re: Cleveland for kids

How far are you willing to drive? The Hiawassee isn't too far away, and that has some very gentle rapids to enjoy. Twenty to thirty minutes south of Cleveland is the Collegedale green way. On one end is a very large playground your kids would love: "Imagination Station". On the other end is a pond with a bunch of ducks. Bring a loaf of bread and you can feed them. The greenway itself is about two miles long.

In East Brainerd there are two great nature preserves: Audubon Acres and Elsie Holmes. Both protect parts of South Chickamauga Creek and would make for great excursions. If you travel all the way into Chattanooga there are oogles of things to see and do.

PuertoRico
reviews: 2
2. Re: Cleveland for kids

Thank you sooo much for the ideas. I am already looking at the areas in the internet. I also found tho Lost Sea Adventure, the Sweetvalley Farm and the Mayfield Dairy. Your insight on these will be appreciated. My sister has a car that I can drive. She works with her husband, and I dont know if she will go with us, but I love driving and sometimes getting lost can be fun, too.

Luz

Boston...
reviews: 48
3. Re: Cleveland for kids

The Lost Sea is really fun. It may be a little too much walking for your younger granddaughter, but it might be okay. The tour itself offers the lake, of course, as well as fascinating history, a few neat formations, and consistently good tour guides. The free tour of the Mayfield Dairy is great, too. Avoid going on a Saturday or Wednesday; on Saturday ice cream production is turned off, and on Wednesday there's no milk production.

If you're up for a longer day trip, consider taking the Cherohala Skyway. Along the way you could enjoy Bald River Falls and Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest. If you're interested in a day trip like this one, let me know.

www.cherohala.org

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
4. Re: Cleveland for kids

I suggest coming to Chattanooga for the day. 35-40 minutes into the downtown area. The Tennessee Aquarium (www.tnaqua,org

Also, of interest would be the Creative Discovery Museum for children. They are so very close to each-other.

Cleveland, Tennessee
reviews: 10
5. Re: Cleveland for kids

Queeni is right. Creative Discovery Museum, the Chattanooga Aquarium, Chucki Cheese, and such places offer a lot to do in Chattanooga. Cleveland has little to do with the kids except go to the park. You can drive out to the Ocoee to go swimming or take a tour around where the Whitewater Olympics were on the Ocoee River.

6. Re: Cleveland for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cleveland
More Cleveland Topics