We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Sea Adventure

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carencro, Louisiana
reviews: 2
Lost Sea Adventure

Has anyone done Lost Sea Adventure? Is it a must see, or skip it?

Thanks in advance,

Lesley

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 336
1. Re: Lost Sea Adventure

We've been several times over the years and have always enjoyed it.

Tennessee
reviews: 30
2. Re: Lost Sea Adventure

Last time I was here I was a young girl. I can still remember those glass bottom boats and seeing those fish. Something about the lake at the end stuck in my head. I usually don't remember much about a cave but this one with the lake was something different.

If you are thinking about Ruby Falls, I was not impressed a couple yrs. ago with this tour (and I had been through it at least 3 times) We were rushed through it, seemed like a group was going in every 5-7 minutes so we passed other groups and could hear them talking "through the rocks" So this last time I was not impressed, seemed like they were more interested in $$$.

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
3. Re: Lost Sea Adventure

What are your options for comparison? That would help.

Carencro, Louisiana
reviews: 2
4. Re: Lost Sea Adventure

No options, we are driving through to Gatlinburg, trying to decide whether to stop on our way or not?

Thanks,

Lesley

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
5. Re: Lost Sea Adventure

Since I have not been there, my best advice is to read the TA trip reports and see if it sounds like something you and your family would enjoy.

Sweetser, Indiana
reviews: 43
6. Re: Lost Sea Adventure

Most of it is a walking tour through the cave, if you enjoy caves it is very interesting. The boat ride is very limited. You board the boat and go out a short distance and see the fish and then return. We were under the impression that the whole tour was a boat ride, so we were a little disappointed.

Chattanooga, TN
reviews: 40
7. Re: Lost Sea Adventure

It's not a must see. If you have some extra time, then go, fill a few hours.

reviews: 9
8. Re: Lost Sea Adventure

I have been there many times as a kid all the way up till I was grown. Its a cool lil side stop to make they give you a history of the caves uses over the years and show you the blind trout that live in the lake. For the price its definatly worth seeing. Next to mammoth cave or Carlsbad caverns its one of the largest toured caves in united states

9. Re: Lost Sea Adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 01, 2014