We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chattanooga to Shiloh

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shellharbour...
reviews: 46
Chattanooga to Shiloh

Would like to see Shiloh Battlefield but looks like a challenging drive from Chattanooga. Any recommendations of what route would be best? Flying in and out of Nashville. Thanks

US
Destination Expert
for Nashville
reviews: 17
1. Re: Chattanooga to Shiloh

So you are flying in to Nashville, going to Chattanooga, then want to go to Shiloh, then return to Nashville to depart?

What about the drive looks challenging to you?

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 336
2. Re: Chattanooga to Shiloh

From Chattanooga I would take I-24 to to the Monteagle exit and get off there taking 41A to Winchester and then Hwy 64 all the way to Crump which is just north of Shiloh. Along the way you will pass through some interesting small towns like Swanee, Winchester, Fayetteville, Pulaski, Lawrenceburg and Savannah. You could make a very short side trip to Lynchburg to visit the Jack Daniel Distillery, visit the downtown square and dine at Miss Mary Bobo's for some authentic southern food. Do some research along this route and you will find plenty to do and see.

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
3. Re: Chattanooga to Shiloh

I think I would consider Chattanooga and area also. Seems you will spend alot of time getting to Shiloh, if all goes as planned.

http://www.nps.gov/shil/index.htm

Chattanooga Parks and Recreation www.chattanooga.gov

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
4. Re: Chattanooga to Shiloh

Better idea

www.chattanoogafun.com

Go to bottom of page and click on Civil War/history

Chattanooga, TN
reviews: 40
5. Re: Chattanooga to Shiloh

I agree with the #2 reply above. This is what you want to do. It's not so challenging. But plan for a very scenic, charming, and historic trip. It really is a must do, bucket list, type of trip.

Have fun.

Soddy Daisy...
reviews: 36
6. Re: Chattanooga to Shiloh

Not knowing your desire to see the Shiloh Battlefield, I would like to point out that Chattanooga is the scene of major Civil War history. the Battle of Chickamauga in September 1863 was a decisive battle of the Civil War. Bordering on Chattanooga, it is quite accessible and very interesting. There is an exceptional gun museum at the park headquarters. The siege of Chattanooga, the Battle of Missionary Ridge, and the Battle Above the Clouds on Lookout Mountain are also fascinating. Union soldiers under siege in Chattanooga ate acorns to stay alive, hence the large number of monuments with acorns. You can visit the site of Andrews Raiders memorial in the Cemetary in Chattanooga. This military Cemetary is as old as Arlington in Washington, DC. If you really do desire to see Shiloh, it too is a fascinating visit with much to see along the way.

7. Re: Chattanooga to Shiloh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 26, 2014