We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost in Chattanooga

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cartersville...
reviews: 2
Lost in Chattanooga

On vacation in Chattanooga...not sure where all Carta goes. Near the Vaudevile Cafe 138 Market Street? Near GhostHunters 615 McCallie Ave downtown Chattanooga? Are there any coupons/specials/discounts for the TN Aquarium? Would you suggest and/or is Carta safe to ride after 10p? What is Mikes Hole in the Wall burger joint like...appropriate for teenagers?

Tennessee
reviews: 116
1. Re: Lost in Chattanooga

I can't answer most of your questions but do know that AAA has an acquarium discount; but you have to get the discounted tickets from a AAA office and not at the acquarium.

Cartersville...
2. Re: Lost in Chattanooga

Thats a start!

Thanks for your time!

:)

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
3. Re: Lost in Chattanooga

I cannot provide that information either. You want to check the following website.

CARTA - Chattanooga Area Regional Transportation Authority

CARTA is the mass transit system for the City of Chattanooga, Tennessee.

www.carta-bus.org

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 67
4. Re: Lost in Chattanooga

CARTA busses have a limited route system, mainly to the malls and the lower income portions of town, but if you are staying in the downtown area, you really don't need them as it's easy to walk from destination to destination or to use the free electric shuttle.

All bus connections from one route to another must be made in the downtown area as there are no connections elsewhere.

If you are staying in a hotel near the interstates (either 75 or 24), I wouldn't rely on CARTA for any transport; just drive.

Cartersville...
5. Re: Lost in Chattanooga

Thanks...I was asking the wrong question...it is the free Electric Shuttle that I was wanting to know about. Do you know how I can find out where all it runs?! We are staying on the Delta Queen and wanting to just park n walk and/or ride free shuttle!

You have helped a lot...thank you!

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
6. Re: Lost in Chattanooga

... Electric Shuttle is the easiest way to get around Downtown Chattanooga. ... Electric buses run daily* about every 5 minutes from the Chattanooga Choo Choo ..

www.carta-bus.org/routes/elec_shuttle.asp

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 67
7. Re: Lost in Chattanooga

There is also a North Shore route for the free electric shuttle that takes you from the North shore of the river on Frazier Ave (near the Delta Queen) across the river to the station near the river.

You'll exit this shuttle and transfer to the "downtown" shuttle to reach other destinations between this station and the Choo Choo.

You could also walk across the bridges to get to the main shuttle station near the Aquarium, but the weather may be an issue.

8. Re: Lost in Chattanooga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 29, 2012