We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to TVR and Lake Winnie, where to stay for 1 night?

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chattanooga...
Going to TVR and Lake Winnie, where to stay for 1 night?

We're a family of four coming from the Atlanta area to go to the Lake Winnie Amusement Park and ride the Tennessee Valley Railroad. Where should we stay for one night? We can do either attraction on the first or second day. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 67
1. Re: Going to TVR and Lake Winnie, where to stay for 1 night?

Lake Winnie is located near East Ridge, just over the state line in GA, so for close proximity to it, I'd choose Exit #1 on I-75. Choose a hotel that has a "reputation" for being a good chain however, as there are several at this exit which would be undesirable. My suggestions are for the Fairfield or the HIE.

There are no good places to stay very near the TVRM, but you might also try either the Shallowford Rd exit #5 off I-75 or Lee Hwy exit #7.

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
2. Re: Going to TVR and Lake Winnie, where to stay for 1 night?

Country Inn and SUites, Marriott Residence Inn are both off the #75-- Shallowford Road Exit. Either would be good for a family Stay.

3. Re: Going to TVR and Lake Winnie, where to stay for 1 night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 03, 2011