We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Location

Which Sioux Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
reviews: 9
Good Location

I will be going to Sioux Falls in January. I am looking for a hotel within walking distance to bars and restaurants. I would also need a good sports bar, because I will be there during the NFL Playoffs.

Any help would be truly appreciated

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Sioux Falls, South...
Destination Expert
for Sioux Falls
reviews: 127
1. Re: Good Location

Do you prefer a downtown atmosphere or a strip mall area type atmosphere? There are two hotels in the downtown area you could consider. These would be the Holiday Inn City Centre and the Country Inn and Suites. Both are within walking distance to Phillips Avenue, which is the main downtown drag. You will find good bar and restaurant options on Phillips. That being said, I've noticed the reviews here on TA are so-so. I have been in the lobby and common areas of the Holiday Inn City Centre, and liked what I saw, but I can't agree or disagree with any reviews of the rooms themselves. I have only seen the Country Inn from the outside, so I also can't comment on that. You'll have to draw your own conclusion unless someone else comes on here who has stayed in one or the other.

If you'd prefer a more strip mall/chain restaurant-type area, I'd recommend the Club House Suites on 26th St. It's a very nice hotel and you will find dining options close by.

Sorry, can't help you with sports bars!

Sioux Falls, South...
2. Re: Good Location

Hi travelnow9876,

3174 is great with suggestions. The Holiday Inn & Country Inn do have bars on property, you would want to call ahead and ask about TV options. We'd like to also recognize the new Hilton Garden in downtown opening in just a few weeks. They will have a restaurant and bar attached (not sure on TV selections again).

Down by Clubhouse Hotel is a few sports bars including Rookies, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Applebees just to name a few. They are walkable from any of the hotels on the northern part of the Mall district but in January, we would always recommend a cab :)

Our website (VisitSiouxFalls.com) also has a full list of hotels which include TripAdvisor ratings.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Sioux Falls CVB

boston
reviews: 9
3. Re: Good Location

Thank you both for you suggestions, I really appreciate it.

Reply to: Good Location
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted