We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly hotel in Sioux Falls

Which Sioux Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WI
reviews: 6
Pet friendly hotel in Sioux Falls

We are planning a get together & several families have small dogs ( & kids) next May. Any suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Sioux Falls, South...
Destination Expert
for Sioux Falls
reviews: 128
1. Re: Pet friendly hotel in Sioux Falls

I can suggest hotels, but you will have to call and ask about the pet-friendly policies. Again, someone else might come on here with more knowledge of this type of thing, and hopefully that will be the case. The Visit Sioux Falls people pop on here with better information.

I'm guessing with kids you want a pool. If you have preschoolers or kids under, say age 9, I'd recommend the Clubhouse Suites. The pool is more for younger kids. It's in an area with plenty of shopping and restaurants. If you have older kids, try the Ramada. The rooms at the Ramada, in my opinion, have gone downhill a bit the past few years. The suites tend to be nicer than the regular rooms as far as upkeep. Be warned the poolside suites will get a lot of noise from the pool area (this is probably obvious). The regular rooms are down quieter hallways, but the last time we stayed, our room at a lot of maintenance issues. Despite the condition of the rooms, the pool area continues to be nice. And, perhaps I'm just too picky. Check out the TA reviews and decide for yourself.

The newest waterpark hotel is actually not in Sioux Falls. It is the Holiday Inn Express in Brandon, a suburb to the east. It has easy access to I-90, but there's not a whole lot nearby for shopping, eating, etc.

If you want a standard pool, try the Hilton Garden Inn.

For budget-friendly lodging with no indoor pool, try the Brimark Inn (my parents like it) or the Center Inn (my friend's choice of SF lodging).

*** edited to add, there are TWO Ramada Locations. You want the one near the airport and the Sheraton.

Edited: 12:24 pm, July 23, 2013
West Des Moines...
reviews: 24
2. Re: Pet friendly hotel in Sioux Falls

There are certain branded hotels that advertise as being pet friendly, other hotels, it can differ from location to location based on management decisions. I would try officialpethotels.com possibly to get some other ideas. As you probably know, there is normally an extra fee for a dog at hotels as well or some may have limits on size, etc. and a limited amount of rooms they are allowed in.

Sioux Falls, SD
reviews: 53
3. Re: Pet friendly hotel in Sioux Falls

I can't comment on which hotels are pet friendly, but definitely try to get a hotel on the West side of town. You will be close to the mall, lots of great places to eat, golfing, bike trails, movie theater, etc.

Enjoy your stay!! If you have any other questions regarding Sioux Falls, feel free to ask.

-Andy

Sioux Falls, South...
4. Re: Pet friendly hotel in Sioux Falls

Hi RESwi,

We have a filter on our website where you can search for hotels with pools and pet friendly locations. The filter for pools includes both traditional pools and waterparks. We always to advise to call the hotel and check with the front desk on size limits and pet deposit/fees just in case!

Here's the link: visitsiouxfalls.com/visitors/…1

Let us know if you have any other questions. We hope you have a great time in Sioux Falls!

Sioux Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau

Reply to: Pet friendly hotel in Sioux Falls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted