We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit end of May - hotel, restaurant, etc?

Which Sioux Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Decatur, Illinois
Visit end of May - hotel, restaurant, etc?

Coming the end of the month in the middle of the week for two nights.

Looking for hotel $75 and under that is new, clean, in nice area?

Also best kept secret for places to eat?

As well as must see sightseeing?

Thanks!

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
reviews: 35
1. Re: Visit end of May - hotel, restaurant, etc?

Just to clarify.... Are you just visiting Sioux Falls?

If so, I will defer to 3174, who is much more knowledgeable in this area than I am. :)

Sioux Falls, South...
Destination Expert
for Sioux Falls
reviews: 128
2. Re: Visit end of May - hotel, restaurant, etc?

If you do mean Sioux Falls, I'd recommend the Brimark for good budget lodging.

For food, I actually just posted this on another thread. I have not eaten at Mama's Ladas due to the fact that our kids turn up their noses at anything besides cheese pizza, but they won an honorable mention that was only given to six restaurants in the world.

See link:

independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/six…

The story was on our local news. Rumor has it the place is small, so you should get there early.

Another good place to eat is Spezia's on the south side of town.

Sioux Falls, South...
Destination Expert
for Sioux Falls
reviews: 128
3. Re: Visit end of May - hotel, restaurant, etc?

Forgot to mention attractions:

Falls Park is an absolute must-see. The observation tower is free and has an elevator. Lesser attractions are the small and expensive Sertoma Butterfly House, the downtown Sculpture Walk, the Pettigrew House and the Old Courthouse Museum. You don't mention kids, but just in case, the Washington Pavilion has hands-on science things, a small art gallery and an imax-type theater. If you're really, really into outdoorsy educational things, the Outdoor Campus is close to the butterfly house and it's free.

The nearby town of Garretson has Palisades State Park, which is very pretty. On the north edge of Garretson is Devil's Gulch, which is a Jesse James historical site. It's small, but free.

Edited: 8:00 pm, April 29, 2013
Hopkinsville...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Visit end of May - hotel, restaurant, etc?

Hi! I lived in Sioux Falls for over 23 years and miss it dearly!! Almost all the hotels there are nice... Even the super 8s are much nicer than other cities I've stayed in! There are SOOO many great restaurants too!! First off, must try the original pancake house... THE best breakfast food you'll ever eat- I promise. Spezias is also great, but go for lunch as dinner runs around 20/30$ a person and lunch is about 10 for the same portions (worked there for three years) Pizza ranch is unique to the Midwest and always a good, casual option. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to message me!

5. Re: Visit end of May - hotel, restaurant, etc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 05, 2014