We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place for photo/view of city

Which Sioux Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
reviews: 42
Good place for photo/view of city

Greetings! I'll be in the city for a night next week and was hoping someone could point me to a good location for an overall photo of the city skyline? Is there a riverfront area or SAFE area at dusk or just after to get a good view of the city for photo purposes? Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 12
1. Re: Good place for photo/view of city

I am assuming you are referring to Rapid City. Dinosaur Park off of Skyline Drive sits high above the city, with views as far as the Badlands. It would be the perfect spot for photos and I believe, safe.

Edited: 10:48 pm, February 08, 2013
Jackson, Wisconsin
reviews: 117
2. Re: Good place for photo/view of city

If you at referring to Sioux falls I would recommend the lookout tower at Falls Park

South Pole
reviews: 39
3. Re: Good place for photo/view of city

isn't there a good view over the city from the jail on north dve?

Hopkinsville...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Good place for photo/view of city

The best picture you'll get of Sioux Falls, sd is at a small lookout point next to the prison (not the jail). It is behind John morels on a big hill. You can get there from the east by taking cliff avenue and turning left after John morels OR from the west by following russel out. The lookout tour is a good place for a picture of the falls, however that is really all you can see from there. I lived in Sioux Falls 23+ years :) message if you have any questions/need directions

5. Re: Good place for photo/view of city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, June 21, 2014