We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sioux Falls?

Which Sioux Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 17
Sioux Falls?

We'll be travelling by bus from Omaha to Minneapolis in May next year and are thinking of breaking the journey somewhere.

The bus stops in Sioux Falls which looks an interesting place on their website.It would only be a short stop over ,arriving mid morning and leaving the afternoon of the next day.

Please can anyone tell me anything about this city,its attractions and good places to stay?

Thanks

Sioux Falls, South...
Destination Expert
for Sioux Falls
reviews: 128
1. Re: Sioux Falls?

The best attraction would be Falls Park, the city's namesake. There's a free observation tower with an elevator. If you can only see one attraction while you're there, this would be the one to see.

A minor attraction would be the butterfly house in Sertoma park. It's only one room, but it's pretty. If you like nature and easy hiking, the Outdoor Campus is also in Sertoma Park.

The Washington Pavilion has a small art gallery and an I-Max movie theater. There are also hands-on science experiments there, but I'm guessing because you're on a bus tour, you're not traveling with children. There is a free trolley (really a bus) that runs between the Washington Pavilion and Falls Park, but I'm not sure of the hours.

Attractions I haven't visited are the Pettigrew Mansion and the Museum of Visual Materials.

Rapid City, South...
reviews: 52
2. Re: Sioux Falls?

Are you traveling with a tour bus or on Jefferson Bus Lines?

Scotland
3. Re: Sioux Falls?

Jefferson Bus Lines,nothing too organised for us!!

Thanks for all the info 3174.

One of the B&Bs I looked at was next door to the Pettigrew Mansion.

Is that fairly central?

Sioux Falls, South...
4. Re: Sioux Falls?

Hi ethne30,

Thanks for considering Sioux Falls as an option for your trip! We have lots of attractions, year-round entertainment, abundant shopping and some pretty awesome restaurants. If you visit our site at www.VisitSiouxFalls.com we have lists of everything you would need while in Sioux Falls. If the location has a Trip Advisor rating it's also listed.

The Victorian B&B is centrally located, just a few short blocks from our historic Downtown.

And we agree with 3174, definitely check out our namesake Falls Park! It is beautiful during spring and they have a 5-story viewing tower that overlooks the park. The visitor information center has a great staff, if you have questions while you're at Falls Park.

Let us know if you have any questions or you can request a visitors guide on our website! visitsiouxfalls.com/visitors/…

Happy planning!

Sioux Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau

Rockford, Illinois
reviews: 125
5. Re: Sioux Falls?

We went to Falls Park when we stopped in Sioux Falls during our road trip. We also liked eating at the Phillips Avenue Diner. Good food!

Scotland
6. Re: Sioux Falls?

Thanks for all the Sioux falls info.

I think that we'll definitely include it in our itinerary next year.

7. Re: Sioux Falls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 31, 2013