We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heart of the Hills Vacation Homes - Great people!!

Which Rapid City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
Heart of the Hills Vacation Homes - Great people!!

I couldn't find this as a place to rate/review, so I thought I would post it here.

I had a booking with Heart of the Hills Vacation Homes for the weekend of October 5-7, 2013. I actually booked it via VRBO. If you are familiar at all with the weather that weekend, then you probably know where this is going. :)

I was in contact with them all week regarding the storm reports. They were very kind and actually wanted me to cancel my Friday night stay and not travel all the way to Hill City, but I'm stubborn and didn't think the snow would be that bad. Famous last words.

On Friday, they called me again to say my vacation home is out of power and so is their main office. I needed a room far away from Rapid City to avoid the pending snow. (Luckily, I was able to do that)

On Saturday, we talked again and they said they can't get out of their house, much less drive up to the house I rented, so they completely refunded my money immediately.

Needless to say, I had a "trip to nowhere" that weekend due to the heavy snows and was so glad this group was so kind to me and accommodating. I would rent from them again without a doubt. I know they have several homes in the Black Hills.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
153 reviews
1. Re: Heart of the Hills Vacation Homes - Great people!!

Thanks for sharing your positive experience. Sorry the weather didn't cooperate for you. Hopefully you can reschedule in the future.

2. Re: Heart of the Hills Vacation Homes - Great people!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 11, 2014