We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Status in Rapid City area...?

Which Rapid City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edison, New Jersey
reviews: 4
Status in Rapid City area...?

Hello, good people of South Dakota! I am scheduled to travel next Monday, Oct. 14th for 10 days to Rapid City on vacation... I am crossing my fingers for national parks to reopen either before or during my stay there.

In any case, what is the situation there in terms of snow? Will snow be still a problem when I get there next week? It looks like there is a warning on small floods due to melting snow...

Also, I orginally planned to bring my golf clubs hoping to get a few rounds while there...but I am not sure if snow will melt away by then. How's the condition down in Hot Springs?

If anyone can give me some information that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Rapid City, South...
reviews: 55
1. Re: Status in Rapid City area...?

Temps are already high 50s this morning. Snow is melting in Rapid City, most streets have one or two driving lanes cleared. My postal clerk told me highway 385 is clear from Hill City. I don't really know about Hot Springs, or golfing, there is a lot of tree damage with downed branches everywhere which is likely to affect the golf courses. Keep checking the weather.

2. Re: Status in Rapid City area...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 09, 2014