We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help trip planning

Which Rapid City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gilbert, Arizona
reviews: 1
Need help trip planning

Hi! So my husband, myself, & our 5 year old daughter will be flying to Rapid City in early October. We arrive on a Monday around noon and leave the following Monday morning. I think this will give us ample time to experience the area. My husband has always wanted to go, I went when I was very young, and my daughter wanted to go as she has been studying Mount Rushmore in K. We live in Phoenix so it will be a beautiful scenery change...and weather change! :) I would appreciate any help/advice on how to best group activities/sightseeing/drives together. We would like to do the Fort Hayes chuckwagon show one night. Other than that, we would like to see & experience as much as we can during that week! We are up for driving, easy hiking, kayaking, etc. We are staying in Rapid City and will have a rental car. Thank you in advance for your responses!! :)

12 replies to this topic
Gilbert, Arizona
reviews: 1
11. Re: Need help trip planning

Well, as you have all probably heard, the government has officially shut down. If they aren't open by Monday, do any of you have suggestions on things we can do that aren't government run? :'(

Hales Corners...
reviews: 3
12. Re: Need help trip planning

How did the trip go?

Reply to: Need help trip planning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted