We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Kennel

Which Hill City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
reviews: 11
Dog Kennel

Is there a day boarding kennel in Hill City, or do I need to drive to Custer? Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Black Hawk, South...
reviews: 32
1. Re: Dog Kennel

Darn, I can't even find a vet or a dog groomer in Hill City, sometimes a good 2nd choice for boarding.

Looks like a business opportunity for someone. Would somebody from there like to check in here?

Sioux Falls, South...
Destination Expert
for Sioux Falls
reviews: 129
2. Re: Dog Kennel

If you don't get any better answers, here's a link to a post on the topic from 2012. The second response mentions Deadwood, which would not be a good central location for touring:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28962-i673-k53821…

Obviously, this is not up-to-date.

Welcome to TA.

Edited: 5:55 pm, June 27, 2014
Sioux Falls, South...
Destination Expert
for Sioux Falls
reviews: 129
3. Re: Dog Kennel

Oops, make that the third response, not the second.

Henderson, Nevada
reviews: 147
4. Re: Dog Kennel

There is a dog boarding facility in Rapid City on Cambell St/Highway 79 not too terrible far out of the way, if you don't find anything else.

I have never used the facility but I have heard some good things about it

http://www.safehavenpetresort.com/index.html

Minnesota
reviews: 313
5. Re: Dog Kennel

I am not aware of a boarding facility. We stayed at the Best Western Golden Spike in Hill City due to the fact that they accept pets. We were able to take our dog to some of the outdoor activities that we did but it was nice to have a hotel in close proximity where we could leave him if needed.

Minneapolis
reviews: 74
6. Re: Dog Kennel

We base camp in Custer and one of the reasons is having Lynn's Pet Motel just outside of town for when we have our beagle with us. Lynn's is not a fancy place but Mrs. Lynn is a sweetheart and takes such good care of our beagle (and has boarded our cats too over the years) that I would definitely recommend her.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Dog Kennel

Thanks everyone. I'll call Lynn's in Custer upon arrival in Hill City (Best Western). We are really excited about driving from Florida across this great country during July and August!

Reply to: Dog Kennel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted