We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any summer evening outdoor concerts?

Which Hill City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Are there any summer evening outdoor concerts?

Often when we travel to popular tourist summer destinations, we find some kind of summer evening outdoor concerts or entertainment. Is there anything like that in Hill City?

4 replies to this topic
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
reviews: 35
1. Re: Are there any summer evening outdoor concerts?

Mountainmama, a poster on the forum who travels to the Black Hills annually at minimum, has often recommended a Native American group called Brule.' She has told me of the wonderful shows they put on at the High Country Guest Ranch outside Hill City. Here's a link to their schedule:

http://www.brulerecords.com/tour.cfm

The music is contemporary in nature, and she had told me that attending their concert was one of the highlights of her week last time she visited. Since they are a Native American band, it would be very fitting to see them in the Black Hills since the area is so rich in their history.

South Dakota
reviews: 140
2. Re: Are there any summer evening outdoor concerts?

You could see what is playing at the Black Hills Playhouse. It's not outdoors, though. The playhouse is located in Custer State Park. See link:

www.blackhillsplayhouse.com/2014-season.html

Main Street Square in Rapid City has a summer concert line-up and other activities. I'm not sure whether or not the concerts are family friendly and I'd leave before dark since the road back to Hill City will have deer and other wildlife running around when it starts to get dark.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 12
3. Re: Are there any summer evening outdoor concerts?

As srltravelplanner stated, I highly recommend the Native American band Brule. Not only is their music beautiful, the Native American dancers that accompany the band really add to the show. You will find the evening to be spiritual and educational as well and the concert appeals to all ages. The tickets are very reasonably priced and worth every penny. Last summer was the first year they have performed throughout the summer in the Black Hills and tickets were pretty easy to come by. Hopefully that will change for the band as their concerts become more well known. Check out the Brule reviews on TA.

Deadwood also has concerts throughout the summer and is only a half hour drive from Hill City.

Detroit
4. Re: Are there any summer evening outdoor concerts?

Yes Brule is definately on my list!

Reply to: Are there any summer evening outdoor concerts?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hill City