We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback ride with 4 year old near Rushmore

Which Hill City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 6
Horseback ride with 4 year old near Rushmore

I need to find a place that has the double saddles to bring my 4.5 year old - know of any? Also have 7, 9, 15 year olds so don't want to leave the little one behind.

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 99
1. Re: Horseback ride with 4 year old near Rushmore

Blue Bell Stables in Custer State Park offers guided trail rides for all ages, but the child has to be able to ride alone. We did it with our son when he was 4 1/2 years old and it worked out fine. The guides will make sure the little one is on a safe horse next to them and, of course, everyone will be wearing a helmet.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
reviews: 35
2. Re: Horseback ride with 4 year old near Rushmore

You might also call Andy's Trail Rides in Lead. Some of the TripAdvisor reviews on here mentioned them having 5 year olds riding. I'm not sure if they were alone or not. Blue Bell or Andy's get the most "talk" here on the forum.

3. Re: Horseback ride with 4 year old near Rushmore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, May 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Hill City