We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake House Rental close to Mount Rushmore

Which Hill City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
reviews: 12
Lake House Rental close to Mount Rushmore

Is there a lake with a lake house rental for a large family available within driving distance to Mount Rushmore for a family vacation?

Chicago, Illinois
1. Re: Lake House Rental close to Mount Rushmore

To my knowledge homes and cabins are not allowed to be built on the lakes in the Black Hills. There are a couple of resorts and some privately owned cabins available for rent near Sheridan Lake, Pactola Lake and Deerfield Lake located in the Keystone/Hill City area, a within a half hours drive to Mt. Rushmore. Keystone and Hill City are very central locations for the majority of Black Hills attractions. I personally have stayed in several of the privately owned cabins located on Edelweiss Mountain, 3 miles southwest of Pactola Lake. I am including several websites for you to look into.

ALPINE CABIN RENTALS: We have rented cabins through this management firm every year for the past 10 years and have been extremely happy with the cabins. All are privately owned, well equiped and very clean. Keep in mind these are privately owned and not necessarily decorated like a modern hotel would be. Edelweiss Mountain is off the beaten path in a gated community about 3 miles off of US Hwy. 385. All the cabins sit on an acre or more.

http://www.alpinecabins.net/

EDELWEISS MOUNTAIN LODGING: We have also rented cabins through this firm. The management has changed hands since we have rented through them but I have heard nothing but good things about them.

http://www.edelweissmountain.com/

MIDNIIGHT BLU LODGE: This cabin is also located on Edelweiss Mountain near Pactola Lake. My sister and family stayed here and absolutely loved the cabin. I have seen it; it is first class. Executive Lodging manages quite a few top class cabins throughout the Black Hills with the majority of them in the Lead/Deadwood area, a 1/2 hour to 45 minute drive from Mt. Rushmore and about an hours drive to Custer State Park. If you click on Lodges and then click Central Hills, you will find several other cabins available in the Keystone/Hill City area; one which is very close to Deerfield Lake.

executive-lodging.com/lodges/midnight-blue/

HORSE CREEK INN AND RESORT: We have never stayed in the cabins here but have eaten many meals at the Horse Creek Inn, a favorite of the locals. The current owners purchased the resort a couple of years ago and from what I understand, refurbished the cabins. I have never seen the cabins so therefore I cannot comment. I believe one of the cabins is quite close to Sheridan Lake.

www.blackhillsbadlands.com/horse-creek-resort

I am also including the town of Hill City's website which includeds all kinds of lodging options in the Hill City and Keystone area.

http://www.hillcitysd.com/

I hope you will find this information helpful. If I can help in any other way just ask.

Chicago, Illinois
2. Re: Lake House Rental close to Mount Rushmore

I forgot to note that both Pactola Lake and Sheridan Lake have marinas with boats available for rent. Their phone #'s are: Pactola Marina - (605) 343-4283; Sheridan Marina - (605)574-2169. I do not believe you can rent boats at Deerfield Lake. All three lakes have beaches for swimming.

Colorado
3. Re: Lake House Rental close to Mount Rushmore

Thanks for the great info and links. I'll be checking them out now : ).

Hill City, South...
4. Re: Lake House Rental close to Mount Rushmore

Wish I had seen this topic sooner..... As of 2013 there is now a lake front vacation rental on Sheridan Lake. It is on the 2nd floor above the marina. 3BR with a private deck overlooking the lake. Their website is sheridanlakemarina.com

Colorado
5. Re: Lake House Rental close to Mount Rushmore

Thanks for the tip, I will keep in mind for next summer : ). We ended up in a vrbo in Lead SD, and did a day trip into Custer and Mt Rushmore. I think we enjoyed the trails outside of Lead most of all and the town was very friendly.

6. Re: Lake House Rental close to Mount Rushmore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hill City