We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

presidential villas and Plantations-June 2007

Which Surfside Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 16
presidential villas and Plantations-June 2007

I am staying here this June for a week. I have read the reviews and am perplexed at how they differ so much. Some people like this place and others hate it. Is there a new section and an old section? Has anyone stayed here recently that can give me an update? It looks as though if you book through RCI there are two sections but what are the differences? Thanks for your help? Any other advice for a first time travelers to Myrle Beach area is appreciated. Thanks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
1. Re: presidential villas and Plantations-June 2007

I am also visiting here this June and was wondering the same things. I know that there are presidential villas and and regular villas. I was wondering if the good reviews were from the Presidential Villas.

Ohio
reviews: 12
2. Re: presidential villas and Plantations-June 2007

We have never stayed at Presidential. We would like to offer some general advice though as seasonal occupants. I assume you are arriving on a Saturday or Sunday. Expect heavy traffic about the last 100 miles especially between Conway and Surfside. After you get through Conway on 501 if you take State Route 544 that will eliminate much of the traffic for that portion and will angle you toward Surfside. 544 will eventually intersect with 17 Bypass. Good restaurants in the Surfside area include Nibbles, The Gulf Stream Cafe, Crabby Mike's Buffet, Wild Wing Cafe, Drunken Jack's (our favorite located in Murrrel's Inlet), Thorny's (in Myrtle Beach on Bus. 17), The Eggs Up Grill serves a nice breakfast, Liberty Tavern at Broadway at the Beach has a great happy hour 3-6 with very inexpensive appetizers. If you are taking kids the Garden City Pier has a game room to entertain them. There is minature golf everywhere. South of Surfside on Bus. 17 are a Kroger and Buy Lo grocery stores. The Food Lion on Glens Bay Road just off Bypass 17 is a nice grocery also. There is a WalMart super center at 544 and Bus. 17. Hope this helps with some general info.

above Seattle
reviews: 5
3. Re: presidential villas and Plantations-June 2007

I stayed there from May 6th-13th. The suites are decent........but not spectacular by any means. We had a 2-bdrm 2-bth (in bldg 236). Each 2bdrm unit is sided by a studio lock-off. These are not true villas. My biggest beef with the property is that it's like a big apt. complex, with the Pres. Suites in the back. Takes a little driving to get back to them. The entrance to the property is not as obvious as one might expect either. It's on a little service road that parallels the main road..........next to a Denny's.

The rooms appear to be somewhat soundproof as there was someone staying in the lock-off next to us & didn't complain about our late night poker games. In fact we didn't even know they were there for two days.

Be careful on the roads down there..........they have a very strange merging system & you must pay close attention all around you.

Toronto,
4. Re: presidential villas and Plantations-June 2007

We are also visiting Plantation Resort and Villas during the week of June 17 so we might bump into echother. My experience with RCI is that they are in business to trade, so naturally, they tend to exaggerate. Hotels, resorts and villas are like people, they need replacement parts as they age. So its a buyer beware situation. My philosophy is to avoid being critical and enjoy the holiday. Last year, we stayed at a ***** hotel in Branson, Missouri and I would rate it **1/2.

Hudson Lake, Indiana
reviews: 6
5. Re: presidential villas and Plantations-June 2007

I have stayed in the presidential villas last summer (2006) and they are way nicer than the rest of the complex. The pool area here is wonderful, but it is in the presidential villas, so you have to go pretty far if you stay in the other section. The location of the whole complex is very close to the beach, about a 3 mintue drive, but about 15 minutes from myrtle beach.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 16
6. Re: presidential villas and Plantations-June 2007

Thanks for your advice. We are really looking forward to exploring this area as it is the first time we have visited this part of the country.

Sandy

NC
reviews: 2
7. Re: presidential villas and Plantations-June 2007

I own a house in Surfside that stays rented and a condo in NMB. I've stayed at Presidential Villas around 8 times and rent my timeshare there out every summer. I have another stay scheduled there this winter. President Villas is nice; not plush but very nice. Plantation Resort also has very nice amenities and the villas are updated very often with new paint, carpet, furniture and appliances. It's about 1/2 mile off the beach as the crow flies and around 1.7 miles by car or free summer shuttle.

8. Re: presidential villas and Plantations-June 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 pm, September 03, 2009