We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanside Village

Which Surfside Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 30
Oceanside Village

I am thinking of a family vacation and renting @ Oceanside Village, SC. Anyone want to add their thoughts?

33 replies to this topic
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
11. Re: Oceanside Village

Probably not. Think about it.

Charlotte, North...
12. Re: Oceanside Village

We rented on VRBO for a couple of months in the winter. We had our contract and paid in full with the Owner of the VRBO property. We traveled 12 hours and arrived at the the Oceanside Village Gate, with our Gate passes in hand that the VRBO owner had sent to us. At the Gate, they would not let us go to the VRBO property. We were redirected to the office. Our contract with the VRBO property owner didn't me a thing. The office staff was rude and stated that we had to have a credit check and tenant application approved by the office. We knew nothing of this. Even though we paid the VRBO owner in full for our 2 months. It didn't mean a thing to Oceanside Village management. Also, one lady in the office stated that Oceanside Village was a 55 and older community only for "snow birds." School buses travel inside Oceanside Village. Playground equipment is on the property. Avoid Oceanside Village...

Edited: 1:35 am, November 05, 2012
Surfside Beach...
13. Re: Oceanside Village

We rented a place in Oceanside Village in June 2011 and September 2012 and the homes were not in great shape but that is what I would expect from a rental beach house. The people were great and the front row parking at the beach and the Conch restaurant was great. Sitting outside with the ocean breeze at the restaurant and the top deck of the house watching the Ocean waves as we BBQ were fabulous. We liked it so much we looked at the homes for sale and bought one that had been updated and had not been used as a rental since being updated and we have been living her for a month. We love it.

Garden City Beach...
14. Re: Oceanside Village

You could get on VRBO and rent our place. It's 1995 Jacana. We have chairs and a golf cart that is included. We're three streets from the ocean so you easily walk if you want. Our number is 366419 on VRBO.

Garden City Beach...
15. Re: Oceanside Village

We're from Ohio and bought our little place six years ago and love it. We travel so it's for rent when we aren't using it. Get on VRBO and we are number 366419. Take a look. You'll love it here.

Murfreesboro...
16. Re: Oceanside Village

I'm interested in renting your beach house. I sent a request today!

Montreal
reviews: 9
17. Re: Oceanside Village

I am really confused about this place....here I am thinking we've found a great place for next year's vacation, and then I read these awful, awful reviews about roaches, turds in the pool, screaming and running kids everywhere, no parking at the beach, a stinky Conch café....please, will someone be honest and really tell us how it is over there? Thank you.

Edited: 7:12 pm, August 07, 2013
Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 127
18. Re: Oceanside Village

jewelmommy76,

I haven't stayed at any rental in Oceanside Village, but I love Surfside Beach. My family and I usually rent through either Surfside Reality or Dunes Reality. We like the north side of Surfside Beach or the south side of Garden City which tends to have lesser crowds. (We typically stay in smaller condo buildings or houses.)

I have eaten at Conch Cafe many times and I enjoy it. We like to sit on the deck and eat while enjoying the view of the ocean. I have never had bad service or experienced a bad smell, but my parents mentioned they had bad service the last time they visited. I will say, eating on the deck on the beach is the reason we go here. Although I have always had good food at Conch Cafe, if you are looking for the best food, I suggest going to Lee's Inlet Kitchen, Drunken Jacks, or Russells, all in Murrells Inlet.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 10
19. Re: Oceanside Village

I'm confused too. Any updates from anyone? I had been looking at Ocean Lakes and that place gets rave reviews, but am having a hard time finding a place WITH a cart that allows pets for July 4th week for under $1000. Even the dumps over there are overpriced for that week. Then I stumbled on Ocean Side Village and thought - WOW - good rates, cart included, many are pet friendly and thought, ahhhhh, my search is over. Then like the other reviewer, read these reviews and it just burst my bubble.

Alberton, Canada
20. Re: Oceanside Village

I am renting a place at Oceanside next winter for four months. I have read many positive reviews. While I have not stayed there yet I have to assume the Village is as presented. I think when we read something the negative sticks in our head even after a ton of positive reviews. I have just returned from a week in Vegas, I stayed at a hotel that I researched to death. There were many positive reviews and some negative. My experience there was completely positive! I am going to have the same faith that Oceanside Village will also be a great vacation spot!

Reply to: Oceanside Village
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted