We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanside Village

Which Surfside Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 30
Oceanside Village

I am thinking of a family vacation and renting @ Oceanside Village, SC. Anyone want to add their thoughts?

33 replies to this topic
USA
reviews: 18
1. Re: Oceanside Village

I'm wondering the same thing........

Lexington, South...
2. Re: Oceanside Village

Over the past 30 years my wife and I (and family) have vacationed just about everywhere in the Myrtle Beach area. Four years ago we found Oceanside Village, fell in love with it, and have rented a home there every year since. When a home came up for sale this past fall, we jumped at the chance to buy our own piece of Myrtle Beach Fun.

Although Oceanside Village has many of the features of a resort, the many friendly full-time residents give Oceanside Village a feeling of a close-knit community. Because it is a gated community, security is high. Although everything is a short walk away, our grandkids love riding their bikes to the pools, beach and library. We also enjoy having our own yard where we can relax in the evenings.

I definitely encourage you to vacation at Oceanside Village!

Glenn Oster

www.MyrtleBeachFun.net

Washington,DC
reviews: 1
3. Re: Oceanside Village

Been going to OSV for about 20 years. It is a wonderful place to stay and the rates are so much better than for a hotel room. It is great for families. The beach has private parking if you don't feel like walking and is in a terrific location. I highly recommend staying here for vacation. I am considering a purchase myself to make my vacation permanent.

Ohio
reviews: 30
4. Re: Oceanside Village

Thanks so much for your update! We will be going in July and are really looking forward to it!

Myrtle Beach
5. Re: Oceanside Village

OSV is nice, I have friends who live there, you are closer to the Inlet yet not far from the action and congestion of MB, the prices are very good to rent here due to your not staying beachfront, yet as mentioned they do have their own private parking lot on the beach which is across the street from the main property.

They also have a large clubhouse which can be rented for private events, we have a had a few functions there and we have the food catered and hire a bartender and dj.

Look at some of my pasts posts for things to do and ways to save money while on vacation.

Enjoy the beach

Gary

Myrtle Beach, S.C.
6. Re: Oceanside Village

I am a little too late in replying but I wanted to let others know my experience.

If you are single and anywhere in the age range of 20's to the 60's DO NOT rent in this place. It is only good for familys. People with their kids running all over. They even run in front of your car. Mostly everyone drives a golf cart, but we weren't allowed to use the one on the property. $56.00 a day to rent one. The parking lot by the beach is very very tight. Most of the time all the spaces are taken. The pool is always crowded. Kids screaming, running, jumping everywhere. The place I rented was on Meadowlark. You need to drive to the beach and the pool, too hot to walk. I also had to buy a beach chair and umbrella because there wasn't any at the house for us to use. For all the money they charge you would think they would give beach chairs. NO.My recommendation would be to rent at the Barefoot Yacht & Golf Club. Beautiful and not all the hassle like at Oceanside Village. Never Again!

reviews: 2
7. Re: Oceanside Village

We are staying at surfside beach SC this week I have seen several roaches in garage, basement, pantry, cupboards. I emailed the owners with no response. Im going to go on ever forum and write about this if we don't get an answer soon. The house is in Ocean side village in Bermuda Bay on George's Bay Road. The community is ok but they are everywhere outside. I went out to set trash at curb last night and open the container and several scattered. You would think 300-400k homes would clean ans spray for roaches. No wonder Rose Resl Estate has over 100 homes for sale in this place! FYI Agent in red convertible call an exterminator.

Edited: 1:46 am, August 08, 2012
reviews: 2
8. Re: Oceanside Village

Roaches, flying roaches, and more roaches. FYI realitor in red convertible call an exterminator. When we first arrived I was wondering how there could be 100+ homes for sale here. Well let's see for starters the golf cart that came with the rental has flat tire, killed several roaches in house everywhere, carpet and couches are so dirty you actually stick to them, you email or call about issues you get no response. Private luxurious parking at beach is great if you can find a spot, good luck. Indoor pool house half the sliding doors work, place was filthy, and hot because the doors won't open. FYI slso just close the bathrooms because everyone is just using the pool, not sure how many people droped the cosbys off at the pool but there was a Cosby family reunion going on. Don't sit in the chairs unless you want to have your clothes dry cleaned to remove the stains. Don't let them get you with the Conch Cafe bit, that place is over priced, dirty, smells like rotten fish, and they are rude. Only thing good is that they sell alcohol. it's really said this place could be nice but it's just an upscale trailer park with a couple blOcks of 400k homes.

North Carolina
reviews: 23
9. Re: Oceanside Village

How do you know their name is Cosby?

Berea, Kentucky
10. Re: Oceanside Village

Most family reunions have large signs with the family name. I know ours does. I would think that is how she knew the name.

Reply to: Oceanside Village
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted