We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

Which North Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Temperance, Michigan
reviews: 3
Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

June 18-28, coming from Michigan

9 replies to this topic
charleston, wv
1. Re: Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

June 14-21.....Cherry Grove........From Charleston, WV....8 hour drive give or take.

Not booked yet but probably second trip in Sept.

Has been mentioned as a maybe by the wife....Can't pass it up.....Long week end in April or May just to get out of house.....

Edited: 11:12 am, March 07, 2014
Temperance, Michigan
2. Re: Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

Our route down to NMB takes us right through Charleston on 77. We usually try to make a second trip (long weekend) in October. Can't beat the weather in June though. Where do you stay?

Chillicothe, Ohio
reviews: 19
3. Re: Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

May 31st coming from Chillicothe, OH

charleston, wv
4. Re: Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

Usually stay walking distance to Sea Mountain Highway. We spend as little time in car as possible. Couple mom and pop trips with just two of us we have gone as long as four days without moving car.

New directions if you haven't been in last year. Last trip in Oct we hit the new RT 311 just out of Winston Salem down through High Point and into RT 220/I 73. New stretch is actually section of future I 74. Cuts out drive through Greensboro. Shaves 15+ minutes off trip.

Temperance, Michigan
5. Re: Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

I will have to look into those directions. We went I'm october last year, and we usually cut through high point.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 19
6. Re: Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

We come from Atlanta. Around 6 hours depending on how often we stop for bathroom breaks and stuff.

Temperance, Michigan
7. Re: Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

Anyone ever make a day trip down to Charleston when in NMB?

What's your all time favorite NMB activity?

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 128
8. Re: Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

I have made the trip to Charleston from Myrtle Beach Proper, Surfside Beach, and Garden City, but never North Myrtle. I would think it would still be a doable day trip. Just hop on SR-31 to bypass the MB traffic. Then take SR-544 to US-17 all the way in. http://goo.gl/maps/FPlVH

I enjoy the drive down US-17, but if you want a different route, head over to Conway, then take US-701 into Georgetown. I have driven Conway to Georgetown on US-701 and it is also an easy drive, but you may find yourself behind a slow truck or tractor you'll have to pass... http://goo.gl/maps/zThSW

What is my all time favorite NMB activity? Dinner at The Outrigger! That is my all time favorite restaurant in NMB! (RIP Outrigger)

This can be followed closely by Myrtle Beach Grand Prix North, although I usually went to the MB Grand Prix South. (RIP MB Grand Prix). (I know Wild Water & Wheels was added as a third park, but even WW&W used to have more gocart tracks than they have now...)

Back to the original post, I have driven from several different locations in Ohio to the MB area. (Warren, OH; Cambridge, OH; and now Canton, OH). All three locations used I-77 south. But I have taken many different routes over the years as new highways have been built and I like to stop along the way for various side trips.

Steubenville, OH
reviews: 1
9. Re: Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr

Steubenville, Ohio

Reply to: Can't wait to get on the road to NMB... where do you come fr
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted