We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to N. Charleston in May

Which North Charleston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Near Central...
reviews: 1
Coming to N. Charleston in May

Hi! I am planning a trip to N. Charleston in May, and I haven't been there in 23 years! HELP! We will need to find a good, clean, (not the most expensive) Hotel that is close to the Convention Center in N. Charleston...and we want to do some really cool sightseeing on the Friday before our conference...which by the way, is a Genealogy/Ancestry Researchers conference.

When I lived there, many years ago, there was a little fast food place that served AWESOME onion rings, made with a special homemade batter.

Is it still there? Or can anyone assist my old brain's memory with the name of the restaurant?

We will want to eat somewhere decent for dinner on Friday night...any suggestions? We'll be willing to drive in to downtown....

Thanks!

Michelle

3 replies to this topic
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
1. Re: Coming to N. Charleston in May

The nicest hotel by the NCCC is the Aloft. It's off International Blvd so it won't be as noisy. Can't help you with the restaurant, but there is a FIve Guys close by in the Outlet Mall. You'll find it has changed a lot since you were here!

Look through the Charleston forum for dinner suggestions. As you know, there are lots of great options for that. My favorites are FIG, High Cotton, and Jestine's.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
reviews: 19
2. Re: Coming to N. Charleston in May

Those sound like the onion rings served by Bessinger's Barbeque. There is a location in West Ashley on Savannah Hwy and one in Mt. Pleasant. Don't know that there is one in N. Chas at this time.

Charleston SC
reviews: 10
3. Re: Coming to N. Charleston in May

I lot of good hotels are near the convention center you can take your pick most off them our new since this area just really starting growing bout 5 years ago.Out of the the 12 hotels in the area only 3 are old. you can try The Holiday Inn airport , Embassy Suites airport, Residence in airport, or The Aloft,, as far a restaurant is concern, there is a great local Greek restaurant called Manny's in that area (a must try), Golden Corral, Fats, Jim and nick, buffalo wild wings, are all in that area.

Reply to: Coming to N. Charleston in May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Charleston