We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 31st 2014 trip Questions....

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 50
May 31st 2014 trip Questions....

we are planning a visit to MB from May 31st for a week....we normally visit each year late September...but for reasons we are planning a earlier trip this year....We normally stay at Sandy Beach every year...but due to the dates we were wondering what to expect as to crowds and people, as we will be traveling with our 5 y/o...Kind of worried of the Senior Week nonsense I am reading all over the place...What should we expect on the beach, pools, and boardwalk?...If this may seem not the area to stay at, should we look to a place in North MB?...any nice places that would compare to Sandy Beach? Any insight would be great...Thanks...

4 replies to this topic
Wake Forest, NC
reviews: 8
1. Re: May 31st 2014 trip Questions....

I would not really worry about it...It is a week after M.Day so the bike crowd will be gone....Schools here do not let out until the second week of June (mostly). Any decent resort has strict rules about age to rent, monitors their activities, and the MB Police keep themselves quite visible.

Chillicothe, Ohio
reviews: 19
2. Re: May 31st 2014 trip Questions....

We have spent that same week at Oceans One (next door to Sandy Beach) for the last few years. We have never had a single issue. We have a now six year old daughter. You might have a little road noise (music from cars on the strip) but that's about it. We also like to go in September and or March. We are staying at North Beach Plantation week of May 31st. Just for something different. Also going March 22nd to Island Vista. We have never had a bad time in MB except you can't predict the weather! lol Sandy Beach is very nice. We toured 5 rooms there just to check it out. I go where the Black Friday etc. sales take me :)

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
3. Re: May 31st 2014 trip Questions....

Don't worry about Senior Week. (or weeks really, doesn't matter when MB schools let out...it's all the other schools elsewhere and in other states..their graduation dates vary) Still...I would stay a little farther out myself and go the strip area once or twice just to check it out.

Look at Long Bay, Monterey Bay, Dunes, Carolina Winds or Grande Shores (all very nice and quieter areas) ....or to the south Coral Beach, Landmark, Sea Crest. In North Myrtle Beach (a great area!) look at Avista, Mar Vista, Beach Cove, Crescent Keyes or Atlantic Breeze.

Trenton, Ohio
reviews: 67
4. Re: May 31st 2014 trip Questions....

If it helps - Sandy Beach's policy is not to rent guests under the age of 25 (unless it's a married couple, I think). I'm thinking that will keep the Senior Week participants away.

Reply to: May 31st 2014 trip Questions....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach