We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ocala, Florida
Myrtle Beach

I'm planning a 3 night 4 day trip, in late April for 50 Seniors to the Myrtle Beach area. Where should we stay, I would like to stay on the water. I need ideas for day activities and night activities (golfing, shopping, theatre ) that are fairly close to where we will be staying. Our bus can drop us off. Not everyone will participate in all the activities. Are there packaged deals? I have never been to this area. Thanks!!

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Myrtle Beach

Presumably you would want to stay somewhere at least slightly removed from where most of the action (crowds) would be. Not sure what your budget is but I'd try Beach Colony first. They are located around 48th Avenue which is a largely residential area and fairly quiet. The shops and entertainment at Broadway is maybe a ten minute ride, Barefoot Landing maybe 15-20. Ocean front and ocean view rooms (they are different!) decent breakfast cafe, rates aren't astronomical and I think they have somebody on site to help with golf selections...I think!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 30
2. Re: Myrtle Beach

Look into Forest Dunes.Nice quiet area.Just ask the front desk how the parking of the bus could be handled.

Theres a couple of executive golf courses and the mini-golf courses are excellent.Carolina Opry and Alabama Theaters offer show packages for groups.

Edited: 9:54 am, February 01, 2014
North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 56
3. Re: Myrtle Beach

The Seniors group at our church stays at Beach Cove in North Myrtle Beach. They love the location and have been very happy with the quality of rooms and service at the resort.

4. Re: Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 03, 2015