We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Colony Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Beach Colony Resort

I was just wondering if someone could tell me how far away this hotel is from the major attractions and convention centre? Is it possible to walk to any of these places?

Pittsburgh, PA
reviews: 10
1. Re: Beach Colony Resort

No, Beach Colony is on the Northern End of Myrtle Beach around 52nd North Ocean Blvd. Myrtle Beach. Most of the attractions and getting to both Broadway at the Beach & the Convention Center are around 21st North Ocean Blvd. Myrtle Beach. You will need to drive.

Nice area around the Beach Colony and have not stayed there in years. Older building, tight parking, but very nice section of beach.

Wilkesboro, North...
reviews: 93
2. Re: Beach Colony Resort

Because the Grand Strand makes up such a large area, you will have to drive most places in Myrtle Beach if you stay on the beach. I stayed at Beach Colony many years ago and loved it. I don't know how it is now.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 159
3. Re: Beach Colony Resort

Beach Colony is located next to Dunes Village besides whats offered at the resorts there is nothing within walking distance.

North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 55
4. Re: Beach Colony Resort

Have stayed at Beach Colony in the last few years - it is in a very nice area - great beach there. Also well kept building though not luxurious and new. Good value. Downside is that it is not within walking distance of the attractions or convention center, though as others have said, things in Myrtle Beach are spread out and you will probably find yourself driving most days that you aren't 'beaching it'.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 30
5. Re: Beach Colony Resort

About 3 miles from Convention Center,4 miles from Broadway At The Beach,8 miles from Barefoot Landing and 17 miles from Murrells Inlet. The Sky Wheel and downtown area is 2 miles away.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Beach Colony Resort

Definitely out of walking distance, but I wouldn't let that deter you. Yes it is an older resort and parking is tight but it is a very nice place overall and a good value. Have stayed there multiple times and never disappointed.

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Beach Colony Resort

Thanks so much for all the great feed back I am going to go with this resort :) really looking forward to going there. I heard that it is not hard to drive around down there so I am hoping that this is true and hopefully when driving to these attractions I will be able to find parking. We have never been to Myrtle Beach so I know nothing about the area.

8. Re: Beach Colony Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach