We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to Stay

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lakewood, NY
Place to Stay

My husband and I will be traveling to Myrtle beach with our 12 yr. old this coming August. We are looking for a place to stay that is not only great on the inside but, also great on the outside (nice landscape, great lazy river, all around great features). Can anyone provide any information.

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 289
1. Re: Place to Stay

Problem is everybody's idea of great can be different. My family has enjoyed staying at the Sandy Beach resort the last 3 trips. They have 3 pools, 3 spas and a small lazy river. Next door is the Strands only ocean side water park and the Family Kingdom Park is across the street. The Pavilion (if it opens this year) is about 1 mile north. You have easy backroads access to Walmart and other areas without getting on Ocean Blvd. or Hwy. 17. Be sure to get one of the rooms in the newer Magnolia building. If you check you will see a couple of negative posts about the property but don't let that scare you as the place is nice, clean and well maintained and the staff has shown nothing but professional service to us on all trips.

http://www.beachtrips.com

2. Re: Place to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:47 pm, April 14, 2005
Ontario
reviews: 31
3. Re: Place to Stay

I'm going to Myrtle Beach with my 12 year old so will be happy to report back! I agree that it depends on what you want (for me, I don't want to be anywhere near a WalMart while on vacation! lol). Also, I know I'm going down in low season, so I've picked a place that is quite central where we can walk to most attractions. I'm guessing that if I were there in the middle of the summer, I'd want to be somewhere a bit quieter. Anyhow, I'd be happy to report back and let you know what my 12 yo liked!

Rockingham, NC
reviews: 28
4. Re: Place to Stay

Check out these places on the web:

1. Roxanne Towers (THE BEST!!!!)

2. Camelot By The Sea

3. Sea Watch Resort

4. Grande Shores

5. Ocean Reef Resort

The first 3 are the nicest, but all are good!

oxford ohio
reviews: 2
5. Re: Place to Stay

We love the Beach colony resort. My kids always have fun, and the pool areas are very nice, and lush. Not trashy like other places in Myrtle Beach.

Myrtle Beach
reviews: 1
6. Re: Place to Stay

Hampton Inn & Suites Oceanfront! www.hamptoninnoceanfront.com or 1-877-946-6400. Great Hotel!!!

Winnsboro, SC
7. Re: Place to Stay

Ocean Lakes has it all and your 12 year old will love it. Check out www.oceanlakes.com