We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice oceanfront hotel not too far from convention centre

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 11
Nice oceanfront hotel not too far from convention centre

I will be in Myrtle Beach in late March 2014 for a cheerleading competion, which is being held at the convention centre. I am looking for a nice hotel that is not too far away and yet is not extremely busy. Looking for a place to relax. I loved the look of Island Vista resort but is that too far? Can you walk to shops and restaurants from there? Are there transit or shuttle services? I will not have a rental car.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
1. Re: Nice oceanfront hotel not too far from convention centre

Island Vista is a beautiful hotel, but there is nothing around it. No hotels on either side for a couple of blocks..so nothing to walk to. (but still an easy drive to everything if you have a car) For a similar hotel with the surroundings like you want, look at Anderson Ocean Club and Spa, or Camelot by the Sea. Both are within walking distance of resturants and shops and the boardwalk. That time of year everything will be pretty quiet anyway..no matter where you stay. Oh, also check out Breakers. (Camelot and Breakers will be a closer walk to the Convention Center)

Wilkesboro, North...
reviews: 93
2. Re: Nice oceanfront hotel not too far from convention centre

It will be difficult in Myrtle Beach without a car if you stay oceanfront. I wouldn't want to be without a car.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 154
3. Re: Nice oceanfront hotel not too far from convention centre

You should look at The Breakers it has very nice water features and you can easily walk to the Convention center, restaurants, attractions, etc.

4. Re: Nice oceanfront hotel not too far from convention centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 17, 2014