We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January activities and tips

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Somerville, New...
reviews: 2
January activities and tips

My wife and I have recently retired and will be spending the month of January at the Myrtle Beach Resort. We are looking for suggestions for day trips and local activities as well as tips for affordable dining options. We don’t need a fancy spot, just good food and good prices. Local type places. We will be cooking for ourselves for the most part and are also looking for the best supermarkets. Thanks in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Hudson
1. Re: January activities and tips

Lowes Foods

Local spots: Hamburger Joe's - Hoskins in NMB

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 142
2. Re: January activities and tips

I am not sure of the hours of operation at Brookgreen gardens but if they are open its a must. A day trip to Georgetown is also great, again I am not sure if Capt Rod is offering boat tours but if he is and its a nice day you shouuld do it. As for some local non fancy places with decent food, I like River City, Dirty Don's,Red Parrot, Bummz on the beach. A little nicer and for a treat is The Sea Captains House. Have a great month.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 142
3. Re: January activities and tips

I forgot to add Nach mama's near the Boardwalk which was very good. Also check out the Alabama Theater, they have very good shows . We really liked "ONE"

reviews: 21
4. Re: January activities and tips

Pretty much anywhere in Murrell's Inlet for great seafood, usually at good prices and never fancy.

Reply to: January activities and tips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted