We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi rides or public transporation?

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Campton, New...
reviews: 61
Taxi rides or public transporation?

I'm staying for a week- wondering about a cab ride home from Murrells Inlet Marshwalk area back up to South Ocean Boulevard? What is considered a reasonable rate for taxi service in this area? How about bus service? Looks like it runs during the day only? Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Wake Forest, NC
reviews: 8
1. Re: Taxi rides or public transporation?

All taxis will charge the same rate regardless. Do not know the exact cost but from Murrells Inlet to South Ocean Blvd, it will be $$....Map quest your route then find the rates on line, that should give you a good estimate.

Public Transportation... never used it, but I would imagine as with any public bus system, plan on it taking a considerate amount of time.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 142
2. Re: Taxi rides or public transporation?

China is right it will be expensive. I know from the Caribbean to the airport is approx 430 and your trip is double that distance.

Campton, New...
3. Re: Taxi rides or public transporation?

Thanks- I'll check around. I thought there might be a trolley system that runs the beach like Ft Myers Beach Florida offers.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 68
4. Re: Taxi rides or public transporation?

Dream on about the trolley.

Akron, Ohio
reviews: 43
5. Re: Taxi rides or public transporation?

I'm very familiar with both Myrtle Beach and Ft. Myers Beach. Public transportation in MB is NOTHING like the trolley in FMB. I'm not aware of the bus system in MB being used much by tourists, but I could be wrong.

Campton, New...
6. Re: Taxi rides or public transporation?

Thanks Beachboomer-7, I guess we'll have to take turns as designated drivers.

Reply to: Taxi rides or public transporation?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted