We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations For Visiting Myrtle Beach On a Budget

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 5
Recommendations For Visiting Myrtle Beach On a Budget

What activities would you recommend for visiting Myrtle on a budget? We are hoping to cut corners this year and not spend too much if at all possible. We are going down in a week and have a suite so we have a full kitchen and will save some money on food. We still want to eat out at times but will be looking more on a budget. What other ways would you recommend to keep costs down?

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 127
1. Re: Recommendations For Visiting Myrtle Beach On a Budget

If going out to eat, go out for lunch, not dinner... Prices are usually much less for lunch.

I am not sure this time of year, but in summer months, there are food stands (at least in the Surfside Beach and Garden City area) that offer fresh local grown fruits and veggies much cheaper than the grocery stores...

Look through all the coupon books for deals on things you may want to do or buy... (putt putt discounts, beach towel discounts, ...)

Prosser's BBQ is a decent buffet at a decent price. I think prices are now around $8.99 for lunch and $12.99 for dinner... Sweet Tea is included in this price.

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 127
2. Re: Recommendations For Visiting Myrtle Beach On a Budget

FYI on your other post regarding Captain Georges... It's $31.00 per adult. Check the coupon books, there may be discounts. Also, there is an early-bird special at $28 per adult...

www.captaingeorges.com/SetYourCourse.aspx…

reviews: 5
3. Re: Recommendations For Visiting Myrtle Beach On a Budget

Thank you. I knew that would be expensive but it's one of the few places we want to splurge. I saw someone here mentioned the coupon too so I was going to keep my eye out.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 32
4. Re: Recommendations For Visiting Myrtle Beach On a Budget

It doesn't cost a thing to go to either Barefoot Landing or Broadway at the Beach. I enjoy just walking around, window shopping, feeding those ugly fish (25 cents a handful), people watching. There are plenty of resturants there too...maybe have appetizers or go for lunch instead of dinner. Same goes for Market Commons and Tanger Outlet Mall. And mini golf is always cheaper during the day than at night. There is also the "strip" area. (Skywheel/Boardwalk area) just walking around is fun. Be sure to go into the Gay Dolphin Gift Cove!!

southern ontario
reviews: 2
5. Re: Recommendations For Visiting Myrtle Beach On a Budget

I enjoy walking on the various piers, checking out the waves and the fishermen and their catch.

The marshwalk at Murrell's Inlet is a nice place too, even if you don't stop to eat. Take a look at the goats on that little island there.

Also enjoy the pier area in Georgetown. Depending on when you'll be there, the Georgetown Boat Festival is a great way to spend the day.

Hope that's not too much walking for you!

Clarksville...
reviews: 26
6. Re: Recommendations For Visiting Myrtle Beach On a Budget

Try going to some of the marinas and getting some fresh seafood off the boats as they come in. It's a good way to save money and get a delicious meal. We got some fresh shrimp back in July for $4/lb. It was the best shrimp we have ever had. That is now a must every time we go back.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
reviews: 28
7. Re: Recommendations For Visiting Myrtle Beach On a Budget

Check the city of Myrtle Beach events guide for local fairs and festivals, sporting events, arts & crafts shows, and free concerts. http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/events.html

Plenty of fun things to do on the Boardwalk with free shows and entertainment: http://www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com/

Here are a few other free events:

- Plyler Park Concert Schedule, through September 28 (8:00 to 11:00 p.m.)

Saturday, September 7… Hot Sauce – Pop, Top 40

Saturday, September 14… Eastbound – Country

Saturday, September 21… The Austin Mowery Band – Country

Saturday, September 28… The Mullets – Classic Rock

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base Recreation Center Free Movie Schedule

Call 918-2380 for information

Come enjoy a free movie every Friday at 3:00 p.m. Soft drinks and popcorn are available for $1 each.

September 13 – Jack Reacher (PG-13), Tom Cruise

September 20 – Who’s Watching the Kids (NR), Lavell Crawford

September 27 – Safe Haven (PG-13), Josh Duhamel, Julianne Hough

October 4 – Warm Bodies (PG-13), Nicholas Hoult

October 11 – Snitch (PG-13), Dwayne Johnson

October 18 – Quartet (PG-13), Maggie Smith

October 25 – The Last Ride (PG-13), Henry Thomas, Fred Thompson

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fireworks! Throughout the Year (scheduled so far)

Various Locations in Myrtle Beach

Tuesday, October 15, 10:00 p.m. – Broadway at the Beach

Saturday, November 23, 10:00 p.m. – Broadway at the Beach

Saturday, November 30, 10:00 p.m. – Broadway at the Beach

Tuesday, December 31, 10:00 p.m. – Broadway at the Beach

Edited: 1:10 pm, September 13, 2013
8. Re: Recommendations For Visiting Myrtle Beach On a Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach