We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy Beach Stuff Local Or In Myrtle Beach?

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 5
Buy Beach Stuff Local Or In Myrtle Beach?

My wife and I will be going to Myrtle for the week in mid-September. Would it be cheaper to buy certain beach items here before we leave or there at one of the hundreds of beach shops? I'd be looking at board shorts, beach towels and possibly beach chairs (cheap nothing fancy). It's been a while since I've been and I can't remember if it's overpriced to buy it there or not.

Alburgh, Vermont
reviews: 3
1. Re: Buy Beach Stuff Local Or In Myrtle Beach?

I bring my own towels and clothing, but always buy a beach chair and leave it in the condo for the next family - we usually fly, but even when we drive, I don't like to bother taking up space with beach chairs. The one I bought in August was $10 at one of the many beach shops.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
2. Re: Buy Beach Stuff Local Or In Myrtle Beach?

I'm not sure about Myrtle Beach area (because it's the beach), but everywhere else all those items will be drastically reduced. If you can still find them in your area, they might be a lot cheaper than at MB. Still....even at MB you can get a good price on them. If you have room in your car or suitcase...buy them now. (but I never found them to be overpriced at MB)

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 159
3. Re: Buy Beach Stuff Local Or In Myrtle Beach?

I have always found very good prices in MB and as we near the end of the season they may even get better.

Douglassville...
reviews: 27
4. Re: Buy Beach Stuff Local Or In Myrtle Beach?

Went to a place called Eagles while we were there a few weeks ago and they had TONS of beach stuff for a very good price! I would probably just buy when you get there.

Triangle Area, NC
reviews: 3
5. Re: Buy Beach Stuff Local Or In Myrtle Beach?

There is a K-Mart on Hwy. 17 that has great sales on beachy items this time of year. Bet you could find exactly what you're looking for there for pretty cheap.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Buy Beach Stuff Local Or In Myrtle Beach?

Eagles, Wings, etc are always running specials, and now that the season is winding down a bit they will probably be even more aggressive with them. Plus, there is a kmart and least one wal-mart in the area as well.

Oshawa, Canada
reviews: 10
7. Re: Buy Beach Stuff Local Or In Myrtle Beach?

You can miss the EAGLES, WINGS stores. They are each side of the road just south of the airport. All kinds of stuff for your beach trip.

Enjoy.

8. Re: Buy Beach Stuff Local Or In Myrtle Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 13, 2014