We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snowbird rentals

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tolland, Connecticut
snowbird rentals

Looking to become snowbirds this winter, Jan.-March. Any suggestions on where to rent or who to deal with. Thanks for any information you can give us.

11 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 38
1. Re: snowbird rentals

Do you want to stay oceanfront? Have you been to Myrtle Beach before? Any particular things you want or like to do? It's a big area with lots to choose from.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
2. Re: snowbird rentals

Yes, Have you been to MB before?? If you already know of some hotels/condos/gated communites..call them and tell them what you are looking for. Many have listings for people like yourself. Many of them (most of them) deal with property owners and are looking for snow birds.

Or....you could just call a realtor. Elliott Realty is a major one in MB. http://elliottrealty.com/

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 10
3. Re: snowbird rentals

U could use VRBO.com. These are owner properties who I feel do a better job then property ,

Managers for the most part. Many have long term rentals. You can also use the site to narrow down areas of interest and get an idea of the going market price.

Akron, Ohio
reviews: 43
4. Re: snowbird rentals

My choice would be to stay just south of MB, in Garden City Beach. It has a lower crime rate, yet not far from all MB has to offer. Check with Garden City Realty for seasonal rentals. After many years of staying in MB for the month of October, we are switching to Garden City Beach this year.

Tolland, Connecticut
5. Re: snowbird rentals

Yes, we've been to MB many times and love it. Sounds like we need to deal with a realtor. Being new at this not sure who's good to deal with. We are visiting in Nov. and plan on booking something for the winter months. Hear a lot about crime. That's surprising to me. I would think the winter months are quiet compared to summer.

Thanks for the input.

Alburgh, Vermont
reviews: 3
6. Re: snowbird rentals

Not sure what you budget is or how big a unit you are looking for, but I have a friend who is looking at Mar Vista Grande in North Myrtle Beach. Their smallest units are 3 bedroom, but she found them still less expensive per month than other resorts offering long-term rentals. Good luck. I hope to be doing the same with my winters in 2015.

7. Re: snowbird rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, September 12, 2013

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 128
8. Re: snowbird rentals

Seriously Annette-you put your phone number on this forum? Welcome SPAM and btw no self-promotion. Your post is bound to be removed asap. You may have the best of intentions but you just opened yourself up for all kinds of unsolicited calls.

Front Royal
9. Re: snowbird rentals

We stay at the compass cove for a few months each winter.There was some crime problems last winter and they were doing a lot of renovations

Last year.That said the price for an ocean front 1bedroom for a month is less than a week in season. there are many activities for the snow birds and many have been coming to the compass cove for many years. there are many pools and water attractions both in door and out..As in any area you should be aware of your surroundings. we have made many friends that we see each year at the compass cove.

Ontario
reviews: 1
10. Re: snowbird rentals

We have always dealt with century21thomas.com in North Myrtle Beach. Check out their site and click on winter rentals.

Reply to: snowbird rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted