We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
reviews: 6
Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

My family and I are planning a family reunion in Myrtle Beach this Thanksgiving week. We have hotel covered. But what is there to do outside of movies, restaurants and bowling? Are most things closed? And what is the average weather?

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 16
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

For November air temps average 69 degrees and water temp averages low 60's. Nice enough to enjoy walking on the beach. A lot of the shops at Broadway will be open. A day trip to Georgetown is good. Some of the miniature golf places will be open, but not all. Closer to date, look at the local newspaper online. The Sun News, Myrtle beach Online and check for special activities. I think the Christmas Shows at The Carolina Opry and The Alabama Theater will be going on. Both are very good.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

I think there will be more for you to do than you realize. Weather...you can never tell. Might be sunny and warm. Might be cool and rainy. Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing will be open, but might close earlier in the evenings. And of course if anyone golfs in your group...there is always that. Have fun!

Siler City, NC
reviews: 3
3. Re: Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

We go every year around Thanksgiving. Definitely do some of the shows...Medeival Times, Legends in Concert etc. They normally do fireworks at Broadway at the Beach. Every year we go to the Shadrack's Christmas Wonderland at Pelican Stadium, which is a drive through light show synchronized with Christmas music. In my opinion this is one of the best times to go...lots to do!

Siler City, NC
reviews: 3
4. Re: Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

We go every year around Thanksgiving. Definitely do some of the shows...Medeival Times, Legends in Concert etc. They normally do fireworks at Broadway at the Beach. Every year we go to the Shadrack's Christmas Wonderland at Pelican Stadium, which is a drive through light show synchronized with Christmas music. In my opinion this is one of the best times to go...lots to do!

nc
reviews: 44
5. Re: Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

For the adults in the crowd check out one of the comedy shows in MB or the hypnotic show in Surfside. Always great Christmas shows at the theatres too.

Centreville, VA
reviews: 5
6. Re: Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

Our family was in MB over Thanksgiving years ago but we could not find a good restaurant that served traditional thanksgiving food. We were quite disappointed. We also are looking at a trip to MB over Thanksgiving this year but hope to have better luck on the food part. Any suggestions for good quality traditional holiday food?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach
reviews: 34
7. Re: Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

Make your own?? That's what we did...brought the turkey and all the fixings with us...of course you can buy it all there in a grocery store too. But...I'm not one to want to have Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant. Just me.

Have fun!

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 43
8. Re: Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

We had a great Thanksgiving dinner buffet at the Embassy Suites a number of years ago. Don't know if they are still doing it. Worth checking out if you are in the area.

Knoxville, Tennessee
9. Re: Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

Shopping at the Tanger Outlet on Hwy. 501 for Black Friday is great. This summer they had a new little shop that was an absolute blast: It was the World of Wonder MAGIC SHOP and the owner is the greatest guy, friendly and a great, hilarious magician! It's the best magic shop in Myrtle Beach with the best prices and terrific magic sets. I got a set for each of my kids and they love them. I think the owner's name is Eddie and he personally taught my kids several of the tricks in their sets. You don't get that kind of customer service anywhere anymore!

Conway, South...
10. Re: Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach

A lot of hotel's restaurants normally have a great buffet. Breakers Resort has a fantastic buffet at their place called Papa's.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach