We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place between Myrtle Meach and Charleston

In cooperation with: Visit Myrtle Beach
Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 1
Place between Myrtle Meach and Charleston

Is there a good spot for lodging/beach between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. I will be traveling with my children (16, 13 and 6) and am looking for quiet, budget friendly lodging near the beach. I would also like to visit each of these cities during the trip. Is there a place that fits that description mid way between the two cities?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 159
1. Re: Place between Myrtle Meach and Charleston

I really like Georgetown because it has a lot of history, Capt Rod offers great 3-4 hour boat tours and it's main street brings you back in time,however, Even though it's waterfront there is no beach. Good places to eat and several motels.

Hilton Head, South...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Place between Myrtle Meach and Charleston

No beachfront place in between Myrtle and Charleston really.

Georgetown is a great place to have a stop over though. Litchfield Pawleys Island are south of Myrtle, that might be a good spot, its not exactly in the middle but it is beach front.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
reviews: 93
3. Re: Place between Myrtle Meach and Charleston

As the other folks have already said, Georgetown is a neat little place, but there's no beach access. Residents drive up to Pawleys island to get their beach time. Pawleys is about 30 minutes to downtown Myrtle Beach and a little over an hour to Charleston. A few suggestions for more budget friendly accommodations in Pawleys:

Hampton Inn - Nice accommodations away from the beach. Will require driving to a public beach. …hilton.com/en/…index.html

Summerhouse or Seaside Inn at Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort. These are smaller accommodations as part of a very nice resort area. They are not on the beach but a free shuttle makes regular runs to and from the beach, and there's a nice pool adjoining these properties. www.litchfieldbeach.com/accommodations/

Litchfield Inn - An older but nice property directly beachfront. You may find some specials if you call. http://litchfieldinn.com/

Charleston, South...
reviews: 11
4. Re: Place between Myrtle Meach and Charleston

Myrtle Beach is 16 miles of beachfront development, a number of small towns incorporated into two cities - there are attractions, but not really a "city" to visit. It's just a few hours north of Charleston.

That said, Garden City Beach is pretty low-key.

Louisville, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
reviews: 127
5. Re: Place between Myrtle Meach and Charleston

http://www.surfsidebeachresort.com/ This used to be a Day's Inn... There are mixxed reviews, but it is on the beach and cheap deals may be found... tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54459-d97645-R…

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn at Surfside Beach, but I get discounts and free nights with priority club rewards... Rooms are usually expensive during summer season, but you may find a deal: ihg.com/priorityclub/…hoteldetail

Note: Surfside Beach is just south of Myrtle Beach, and further from Charleston...

6. Re: Place between Myrtle Meach and Charleston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 19, 2014